Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
drakonis
Forum Full Member

Help Drak!
Wednesday, December 28 2016 @ 01:53 PM CST

Hi fellow Mac users... I have a proposal and a free gift...

I'm working on an update to my little $3 Mac app, and I want to make sure it works on older (10.7 "Lion" and 10.8 "Mountain Lion") Macs. But I don't have those OSes to test on, so...

If you have one of these OS versions, and have a little time to download and test my app, I will give you credit in the credits box (if you wish) AND a free copy of the app when it is available!

You can read more information about the app here:http://www.schwansongs.com/fortuna

If interested, please send me an e-mail (fortuna@schwansongs.com) and I can send you a download link.

Thank you, and Happy New Year!

ttfn,
Drakonis
SmokeyVW
Forum Full Member

Re:Help Drak!
Saturday, December 31 2016 @ 04:01 PM CST

Fortuna is a HOOT - give it a try - tell your friends
kristyjo
Forum Full Member

Monday, January 02 2017 @ 06:23 PM CST

I'm running 10.6.8 on the desktop. If you need help with that, send a note..
drakonis
Forum Full Member

Monday, January 02 2017 @ 08:45 PM CST

Quote by: kristyjo
I'm running 10.6.8 on the desktop. If you need help with that, send a note..

Thank you for your offer... but unfortunately there is too much that changed between Apple's 10.6 and 10.7, and it is now impractical for me to make the extra changes to go back that far, I have found... which is a bummer, because there are a TON of Macs that are running happily along on 10.6, it is a nice solid OS... but 10.7 was a big enough change that it had a number of quirky problems, causing people to immediately go to 10.8, which was much better. Which is probably why I cannot find anybody running 10.7 to help me! :-)

And Happy New Year!
ttfn,
Drak
kristyjo
Forum Full Member

Sunday, January 08 2017 @ 10:47 PM CST

Yes, I am at 10.10.8 or something on my laptop, and I am almost afraid to upgrade, since Apple has been subtracting, rather than adding features I have been using. Nevertheless, I will have to update soon, I'm sure. The desktop is running some things that my husband has not gotten around to taking off of Appleworks (!) and I just don't know how to batch upgrade that stuff. Oh well - it does make me wonder how much personal history is 'lost' -things like photos and recordings that don't get upgraded into newer versions of things.
virtualruffy
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, January 18 2017 @ 07:25 PM CST

ok, Sent you an email.

my greatest inspiration is my own damnation, pain is eternal
drakonis
Forum Full Member

Sunday, January 22 2017 @ 07:30 PM CST

Quote by: virtualruffy
ok, Sent you an email.

Cool thanks! I've sent you the app to play with... let me know if it runs OK!
-Drak

drakonis
Forum Full Member

Sunday, January 22 2017 @ 07:34 PM CST

Quote by: kristyjo
Yes, I am at 10.10.8 or something on my laptop, and I am almost afraid to upgrade, since Apple has been subtracting, rather than adding features I have been using. Nevertheless, I will have to update soon, I'm sure. The desktop is running some things that my husband has not gotten around to taking off of Appleworks (!) and I just don't know how to batch upgrade that stuff. Oh well - it does make me wonder how much personal history is 'lost' -things like photos and recordings that don't get upgraded into newer versions of things.

Yes, I have been slowly finding old AppleWorks docs and forward-converting them to Pages, with the help of an ancient 10.5 Mac that I have on life-support! It is scary how many drawings, videos, and photos are so easily left behind in the locked-attics of incompatible proprietary forgotten file formats these days!

ttfn,,
Drak