Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
spitlogic
Forum Full Member

Rewire
Monday, November 26 2007 @ 10:24 AM CST

I'm currently using GB and using Live as a rewire (I just hate the drum sequencers on GCool. I've decided to purchase Logic Express and was wondering (of course before I actually find out for myself) if it is possible to wire GB to Logic or even Live and GB to Logic. Would I even need to rewire to Logic?

The version I am purchasing is LE 7 (I want to try it out before actually buying an updated version).

Rap is something you do, Hiphop is something you live.
tomc11
Forum Junior

Re:Rewire
Monday, November 26 2007 @ 10:56 AM CST

I just got Logic Express 8 and it advertises that it's Rewire capable.
You can just load GB projects into Express so you don't need to rewire to those. And the Ultrabeat drum program in Express is far beyond the GB drum sequencer. $199 with a the mixing capabilities, new instruments, arpeggiator and effects along with that automation of all parameters, don't bother with LE 7 go right to Express 8. It got some super reviews that impressed me.
Axgrinder
Forum Full Member

Monday, November 26 2007 @ 12:03 PM CST

Just as tomic1 1 stated, you can open GB files in logic and Logic will, in fact, rewire with live. I'm running Express 7, however, it should be the same in 8! (Remember: once you open GB3 files in GB4, they will no longer open in GB3.) This is one of those "nice to know" kind of things!

Best to you,

Ax

*Soon to be updated* {I'm here for the "M-U-S-I-C" not the "F-O-R-U-M"} With all this great music, how does one score'um? funny animated gif
spitlogic
Forum Full Member

Monday, November 26 2007 @ 12:29 PM CST

Cool. Thanks for the advice. I guess Im more concerned with how fast I'm able to get a handle of the interface. I would like to go with Logic for the more "enhanced" features it has, but still I like the simplicity of GB. The drum sequencer on Live is also something I can't see myself without.

rover101
Forum Full Member

Monday, November 26 2007 @ 07:18 PM CST

Look very hard at Mackie's Tracktion - simple as GB but way more capable, rewire works just fine; I think people are missing the fact that you're very happy with Live (and why not?) and don't really feel like wasting time on any learning curve you don't have to. Sounds right to me.

Cheers, Shaky

Noli bastardi carborundum
spitlogic
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, November 27 2007 @ 10:52 AM CST

Quote by: rover101
Look very hard at Mackie's Tracktion - simple as GB but way more capable, rewire works just fine; I think people are missing the fact that you're very happy with Live (and why not?) and don't really feel like wasting time on any learning curve you don't have to. Sounds right to me.

Cheers, Shaky

True that sir. I do get a little curious from time to time and since I got LE for such a low price, I thought what the heck. Eventually I think I'll warm up to Logic, but till then I like my comfort zone (besides, Im no professional).

Axgrinder
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, November 27 2007 @ 03:31 PM CST

Cheers, Shaky

Life is a learning curve! What's so difficult about "Logic" anyway? It isn't so bad if you just knuckle down and dive into it. As far as "the missing facts" are concerned, I think one should utilize what ever program suits their needs. that's what you get for thinking...... shaky!

Ax

*Soon to be updated* {I'm here for the "M-U-S-I-C" not the "F-O-R-U-M"} With all this great music, how does one score'um? funny animated gif

rover101
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, November 28 2007 @ 02:05 AM CST

Quote by: Axgrinder

Cheers, Shaky

Life is a learning curve! What's so difficult about "Logic" anyway? It isn't so bad if you just knuckle down and dive into it. As far as "the missing facts" are concerned, I think one should utilize what ever program suits their needs. that's what you get for thinking...... shaky!

Ax

Life's too short for learning curves you don't need; I mean, ya wanna learn everything? there just isn't time. And people really did seem to be missing the Live side of the equation .

Cheers, Shaky

Noli bastardi carborundum