Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
Loob
Forum Full Member

Logic Pro X
Friday, June 23 2017 @ 08:12 AM CDT

Finally got my new focusrite preamp working with my Macbook Pro and Logic Pro X. I have been triggering the onboard drum kits with my simmons kit, but I really want to use this to mic my acoustic kit, and record and mix with Logic. Love the sound. One lil glitch is that it doesn't see the focusrite right away as the audio device. Have had to unplug and plug it in to get it to see it. Other than that little glitch I love it all.

zzzzzzzzz
danml69
Forum Newbie

Re:Logic Pro X
Friday, June 23 2017 @ 11:53 PM CDT

Mac's usually play nice with focusrite audio interfaces. Apple has a list of audio devices it recommends. I have one of the older focusrite FireWire 400 interfaces and it works and sounds good. Acoustic drums sound great but can be a challenge if you want to tweek things during your final mix unless you have a board that's large enough to handle multiple simultaneous recording channels. I used to use a 8 channel Mackie mixer to premix all the mic's I had for the drums. Get all the drums mixed to my satisfaction, then run that to Logic in stereo through the focusrite. Check to see if you have the latest drivers for the focusrite. Sometimes when Apple has a major update to the OS, some devices drivers need to be updated for them to work as intended

Don't stop doing what you love.
Loob
Forum Full Member

Saturday, June 24 2017 @ 08:33 AM CDT

Quote by: danml69
Check to see if you have the latest drivers for the focusrite. Sometimes when Apple has a major update to the OS, some devices drivers need to be updated for them to work as intended

It's weird. Apple is indeed telling me to update the USB drivers, and I go through the process to update and install the drivers, but then it seems to want to redo the very same process. I went through this maybe 3 time and it seems to be perpetual. Maybe I need to go find these drivers manually and install them to stop this perpetual install of updated drivers. It seems to be working fine once the macbook pro sees the device again. Very odd.

zzzzzzzzz
danml69
Forum Newbie

Saturday, June 24 2017 @ 05:15 PM CDT

Yeah....that can be frustrating ....the focusrite website generally has drivers that will get you up and running quickly. Good luck

danml69
Forum Newbie

Saturday, June 24 2017 @ 05:16 PM CDT

Yeah....that can be frustrating ....the focusrite website generally has drivers that will get you up and running quickly. Good luck

XMaramena
Forum Full Member

Saturday, June 24 2017 @ 07:33 PM CDT

Which one is it? I have a Liquid Saffire 56 and have never experienced this problem. Make sure your drivers are up to date. I switch on the Mac, then when it's booted up and logged in, turn on the Audio Interface, then when it's synced and MixControl is up and running, open Logic.

Sometimes it doesn't play sound straight away - a fix for this is to go into the MixControl and switch the sample rate to something else then back again. It should lock everything in.
Loob
Forum Full Member

Sunday, June 25 2017 @ 08:28 AM CDT

I am not really sure the prompting has to do with the focusrite device. It is prompting about USB drivers and I also have my simmons midi kit plugged into the macbook too, because I have been playing around with triggering the internal drum kits of logic. I am interested in both but my goals are more for the close micing of my acoustic kits. To reiterate it all functions well. Sometimes it takes a minute for it to see the device and then this driver prompt, but it all functions so far. Really I just want it to stop prompting me. I can tell it "not now" and it goes away but next bootup it's prompting me again. I will try going to the site and getting the drivers. Minor glitches for now. Thanks for the feedback.

zzzzzzzzz
Loob
Forum Full Member

Sunday, June 25 2017 @ 08:31 AM CDT

Quote by: XMaramena
Which one is it?

18i20

https://us.focusrite.com/usb-audio-interfaces/scarlett-18i20

zzzzzzzzz
Loob
Forum Full Member

Sunday, June 25 2017 @ 08:32 AM CDT

Quote by: XMaramena
Which one is it?

18i20

https://us.focusrite.com/usb-audio-interfaces/scarlett-18i20

zzzzzzzzz

DWL
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, June 27 2017 @ 11:49 AM CDT

Have a Focusrite Saffire and the Mac has never recognised it. Each time I open Logic I have to go to Preferences and select Saffire as the input device (it defaults to my old Tascam)

I spent hours on the phone to both Focusrite and Apple to try and resolve it but never did.

Hanging in with the out crowd (All rights reserved)