Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
MikeRobinson
Forum Full Member

Where did ringtones go? (12.7)
Friday, September 22 2017 @ 05:23 PM CDT

iTunes 10.7.0 (latest ...) seems horribly disabled to me:   how do I load my own ringtones, created with Logic, to my device?

I see no Tones menu in the sidebar, and when I try to install an .m4r file into the library, it simply disappears.   If I click on the device and try to drag a file into the Tones section, the window develops an outline like it’s ready to accept a drag-and-drop ... but, it never does accept the drag-and-drop.

(Actually, it seems to be trying to sync ... but the ringtone never shows up on the Sounds menu.)

So, what gives here?   Am I supposed to “share it to iTunes” as a way to get my own sound, as a ringtone, onto my own phone?!

MikeRobinson
Forum Full Member

Re:Where did ringtones go? (12.7)
Friday, September 22 2017 @ 05:31 PM CDT

Interesting ... when I followed the video instructions in this video ...

[https://www.macobserver.com/tips/quick-tip/adding-custom-ringtones-to-your-iphone/]

from Mac Observer, and I dragged the M4R file onto the “On My Device” section, it moved the ringtone.   But it did not do so when I selected the Tones section and dragged into that section ... even though, as previously mentioned, that area turned to indicate that it was a valid drag-target.