Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
saundhaus
Forum Newbie

DP 7.24 and Lion OSX
Wednesday, September 07 2011 @ 07:18 PM CDT

Ever since I installed OSX Lion I've noticed that I can't monitor direct play through. There's always a delay because it goes through effects, even if I don't have any effects installed. Anyone else have this problem?

Eric
www.saundhaus.com
BigSkyRumble
Forum Full Member

Re:DP 7.24 and Lion OSX
Thursday, September 08 2011 @ 08:18 PM CDT

I seem to remember having to re-set a lot of stuff when I upgraded to Leopard, latencies and clocks in particular. Could this be the problem?

24. The first testicular guard, the "Cup," was used in Hockey in 1874 and the first helmet was used in 1924. That means it only took 50 years for men to realize that their brain is also important.
saundhaus
Forum Newbie

Thursday, September 08 2011 @ 08:49 PM CDT

Quote by: BigSkyRumble
I seem to remember having to re-set a lot of stuff when I upgraded to Leopard, latencies and clocks in particular. Could this be the problem?

No this is different. It literally won't let me use direct monitor mode.

Eric
www.saundhaus.com
BigSkyRumble
Forum Full Member

Thursday, September 08 2011 @ 09:02 PM CDT

My direct monitoring is set in my interface software, and sort of has nowt to do with DP

24. The first testicular guard, the "Cup," was used in Hockey in 1874 and the first helmet was used in 1924. That means it only took 50 years for men to realize that their brain is also important.
saundhaus
Forum Newbie

Thursday, September 08 2011 @ 10:03 PM CDT

My direct monitoring is set in my interface software, and sort of has nowt to do with DP

It's also set in Digital Performer. The MOTU 828 software I have for it just has none as an option in the Monitor input.

Eric
www.saundhaus.com
BigSkyRumble
Forum Full Member

Thursday, September 08 2011 @ 10:17 PM CDT

err.....try re-installing drivers? Otherwise, I'm stumped.

saundhaus
Forum Newbie

Friday, September 09 2011 @ 12:03 PM CDT

err.....try re-installing drivers? Otherwise, I'm stumped.

Apparently so is MOTU tech support. It's been over a week since I asked them and I've heard nothing back.

Eric
www.saundhaus.com

the_odd
Forum Newbie

Thursday, May 09 2013 @ 01:04 PM CDT

Quote by: saundhaus
Ever since I installed OSX Lion I've noticed that I can't monitor direct play through. There's always a delay because it goes through effects, even if I don't have any effects installed. Anyone else have this problem?

Eric
www.saundhaus.com

Try This:

In DP go to the setup tab choose setup then configure Audio System then choose input monitoring mode, select direct play thru.

This bypasses all plugs and gives you your direct feed.
Also, have you ever looked at using Cuemix in DP?

Either of these options works for me. Although Cuemix does have a bit of a learning curve. Nothing too scary though.

Hope this helps.
TC

Tom Chianti AlanaTomiC Productions The Cube, NY www.atthecube.com www.msi.icweekly.net atthecube@me.com