Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
Willywagga
Forum Full Member

Bargain Bundle
Friday, December 07 2007 @ 06:41 AM CST

I picked up one of these bundles myself a couple of days ago and I was amazed at what I got for the money. I just thought I'd throw this out there, I know there are plenty of people out there strapped for cash needing some kind of musical interface, well this kit is pretty amazing for €99. I've recommended it to many of my friends. Read reviews of the various components. And I don't work for Thomann or Behringer in any way whatsoever. I just thought this was too good to miss.

http://www.thomann.de/ie/behringer_podcaststudio_firewire.htm
ValleyPastor
Forum Full Member

Re:Bargain Bundle
Friday, December 07 2007 @ 09:39 AM CST

A lot of people are down on Behringer for quality control issues, but it's hard to find more features for the money. As a father of 9 kids who tries to scrape enough money together to do some decent home recording, I have ended up buying quite a bit of Behringer gear and have, for the most part, been more than satisfied.

But they do cut corners in areas that affect durability. For example, my Vintager Ac112 guitar amp was, by far, the least expensive amp with a real tube anywhere in the circuitry, and I like the sound. But the guitar input jack was this cheap plastic thingie that quickly stripped its threads. A quick trip to Radio Shack for a metal replacement fixed that, but no one needs something like that happening on the road.

If you're gentle with your equipment or most of its use is in studio, you should be OK.

Re:Bargain Bundle
Friday, December 07 2007 @ 09:49 AM CST

Yeah, I can see where quality comes in a little-- I have a couple Behringer products. Feature-wise they are incredible for the money, though. Most of us can use all the feature per dollar we can get.
Quote by: ValleyPastor
A lot of people are down on Behringer for quality control issues, but it's hard to find more features for the money. As a father of 9 kids who tries to scrape enough money together to do some decent home recording, I have ended up buying quite a bit of Behringer gear and have, for the most part, been more than satisfied.

But they do cut corners in areas that affect durability. For example, my Vintager Ac112 guitar amp was, by far, the least expensive amp with a real tube anywhere in the circuitry, and I like the sound. But the guitar input jack was this cheap plastic thingie that quickly stripped its threads. A quick trip to Radio Shack for a metal replacement fixed that, but no one needs something like that happening on the road.

If you're gentle with your equipment or most of its use is in studio, you should be OK.