Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
Daugrin
Forum Full Member

Pop Sucks- here's why!
Tuesday, September 05 2017 @ 07:06 AM CDT

There is lots of this kinda material on-line now. I wonder why? You, not so much?

Daug
Daugrin
Forum Full Member

Re:Pop Sucks- here's why!
Tuesday, September 05 2017 @ 08:17 AM CDT

Recall the gentlest teaching, there is no left or right? IT is what it is! Or perhaps we might say in today's media climate, "Who controls your narrative?". You believe Rocking Bill was just tops right? You can hear POTUS Bill tell you on video North Korea will never achieve nuclear weapons because of his bold actions contemporary to this historical reference, but I digress.

Research the executive actions and public laws which altered the music scene during Bill's tenure. Oh my! No one has done this for you? No scholarly studies on this aspect of Clinton's Presidency? Wonder why?

Tipper Gore, a team of industry experts, and Frank Zappa faced off in congressional hearings on music censorship during this period... there is video available, don't take my word. Zappa beat them back, he with a markedly low brow presentation destroyed the anti-free expression forces in the hearing room live on TV. In reality, the power simply took over the market place. Oh my, that's not in a book either... so it never happened right? Sorry there Fergie.

Daug
magnatone
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, September 05 2017 @ 12:58 PM CDT

Quote by: Daugrin

but I digress

my most recent song: "First Light (solo piano)"
Daugrin
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, September 06 2017 @ 12:15 PM CDT

Quote by: magnatone

but I digress

Per your request Karen. Please give up your hate...

Daug
bronco
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, September 06 2017 @ 08:44 PM CDT

But yet sometimes, underneath the pop antics and outrageous behavior, lies real talent. Why doesn't she only record and sing this kind of music? Because she knows it won't sell. But then again perhaps she is getting the wrong advice and listening to the wrong people. And she has had a few years to grow now.

magnatone
Forum Full Member

Thursday, September 07 2017 @ 02:04 PM CDT

Quote by: magnatone

but I digress

Per your request Karen. Please give up your hate...

Daug

The meme for the certain sign of mental illness is to continue doing the same behavior over and over and expecting different results at the completion of a cycle, no?

physician heal thyself

my most recent song: "First Light (solo piano)"

MikeRobinson
Forum Full Member

Sunday, September 10 2017 @ 09:01 AM CDT

Miley could of course spend the rest of her life a very rich girl from her father’s achy-breaky® royalties alone, but it looks to me like she has too much of her father’s rebelliousness (and, marketing savvy) ever to do that.   She played The Mouse to the hilt with the disgustingly-squeaky character of “Hannah Montana®,” then proceeded to twerk(!) her way to a form of notoriety that is nonetheless relatively “clean.”   Like many other artists before her (Madonna comes immediately to mind ...), she knows how to work both sides of a headline.

This is why I like MacJams so much, and why I miss the random song-picker that used to be on the front page.   MJ is like the proverbial box of chocolates, with a vast catalog of music that is mostly very good.   I don’t want to be presented with more of the same thing ... I want to be surprised.   Like what you used to be able to hear on late-night radio while driving through small towns where the local DJ could play any damn thing (s)he liked ... and, did so.