Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
stevel
Forum Full Member

Re:Biggest Disappointment
Monday, November 19 2007 @ 08:33 AM CST

I think pretty much every album the Stones have released since 'Goat's Head Soup' - the odd good track here and there but these guys have basically been coasting for 25 years
Tiny_Man_Inside
Forum Full Member

Monday, November 19 2007 @ 08:37 AM CST

I remember how disappointed I was in Pearl Jam's follow-up to Ten (Vitology?).

I only made it to "glorified version of a pellet gun" (aka the second worst song ever, but not to be confused with Same Old Lang Syne), then went directly to the used CD store and pawned it.

Until their latest album (which is quite good), I hadn't really liked anything they'd done since then.

Monday, November 19 2007 @ 08:58 AM CST

Quote by: Tiny_Man_Inside
I remember how disappointed I was in Pearl Jam's follow-up to Ten (Vitology?).

I only made it to "glorified version of a pellet gun" (aka the second worst song ever, but not to be confused with Same Old Lang Syne), then went directly to the used CD store and pawned it.

Until their latest album (which is quite good), I hadn't really liked anything they'd done since then.

i had forgot about that one. While 'Ten' is a must-have for any cd collection, 'VS' was pretty weak, indeed. However, 'Vitology' was when they really lost me. Never paid attention to anything of theirs since.

Another one is Soundgarden's 'Superunknown'. To go from 'Badmotorfinger '(and anything previous) to that load of crap... it's no wonder they split up. They lost respect for themselves and one another after that one
Tiny_Man_Inside
Forum Full Member

Monday, November 19 2007 @ 09:07 AM CST

Hey Faelin,

I forget which order the Pearl Jam albums went... whatever the follow-up to "Ten" was, I couldn't get into it. That Pellet Gun song was just dreadful.

I really liked Superunknown though. The problem to me was that it was a bit too long. Editing could have really helped it.

I LOVED Badmotorfinger - one of the all time great albums in hard rock.

Mason

btw - you're right on with Metallica too... man they used to be awesome, but once James decided to take vocal lessons and they decided on Bob [K]Rock as their producer, their music when to hell.

basically any singer that takes vocal lessons will thereafter suck (see: Hatfield, James; Stipe, Michael; Costello, Elvis).

Monday, November 19 2007 @ 09:11 AM CST

Quote by: Tiny_Man_Inside
Hey Faelin,

I forget which order the Pearl Jam albums went... whatever the follow-up to "Ten" was, I couldn't get into it. That Pellet Gun song was just dreadful.

wanna hear funny?
when I first heard the song (before I read the lyrics), I thought he was saying "glorified version of a pelican"
i was like, "wtf"!!!

and I agree Badmotorfinger was just superb! i think i wore out two tapes!

Monday, November 19 2007 @ 09:52 AM CST

Every Genesis album after 'wind and wuthering'......drivel
'calling all stations' has to go down as the worst album ever!
Foo fighters 'Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace' was a bit iffy.
All 'pink floyd' albums without Syd.....sadly lacking.
I could go on and on and on....