Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
Tiny_Man_Inside
Forum Full Member

My search is over
Monday, November 19 2007 @ 08:26 AM CST

For years and years and years I have searched for the "Worst Song Ever"... it has been an exhausting and time-consuming battle, listening to an endless parade of pointless music... but I think I've finally stumbled upon the clearcut winner...

Same Old Lang Syne by Dan Fogelberg.

From start to finish, this is just an awful, awful piece of music. Terrible in all regards. From lyrics to arrangement to performance to production, it fails in every way imaginable.

And the great part is, for some reason this is considered a Christmas Classic. So fortunately I'll be able to hear it about 20 times between now and Santa's birthday on the 25th of December.

It has gotten to the point where I actually relish hearing it. I can truly revel in its overwhelming suckiness.

Mason

[honestly, just read those lyrics... HORRIFIC and TERRIFYING!!!!!!!!!]
Roxylee
Forum Full Member

Re:My search is over
Monday, November 19 2007 @ 09:43 AM CST

Hi, Mason,

if you think this song is painful to the ears, try listening to William Shatner's covers of _Rocket Man or _Lucy in the Sky._ Why be mad when we can laugh?

I love this place!
Roxylee
Forum Full Member

Monday, November 19 2007 @ 09:43 AM CST

Hi, Mason,

if you think this song is painful to the ears, try listening to William Shatner's covers of _Rocket Man or _Lucy in the Sky._ Why be mad when we can laugh?

I love this place!
Tiny_Man_Inside
Forum Full Member

Monday, November 19 2007 @ 09:49 AM CST

Quote by: Roxylee
Hi, Mason,

Well, the main criteria of my "Worst Song Ever" search was that the song actually be a true, honest attempt at creating good music. I think there is an intentional comedic element to the Shatner stuff, whereas I think Same Old Lang Syne was really meant as a serious gesture.
ValleyPastor
Forum Full Member

Monday, November 19 2007 @ 07:38 PM CST

I still think "Yummy yummy yummy I got love in my tummy" is worse.
kristyjo
Forum Full Member

Monday, November 19 2007 @ 11:47 PM CST

Well, I'll get to listen to my kids playing the 'Bark, the Herald Angels Sing' CD several times over the next couple of months. Truly a 'laugh to keep from crying' experience.

Tuesday, November 20 2007 @ 06:56 AM CST

Quote by: Tiny_Man_Inside
For years and years and years I have searched for the "Worst Song Ever"... it has been an exhausting and time-consuming battle, listening to an endless parade of pointless music... but I think I've finally stumbled upon the clearcut winner...

From start to finish, this is just an awful, awful piece of music. Terrible in all regards. From lyrics to arrangement to performance to production, it fails in every way imaginable.

And the great part is, for some reason this is considered a Christmas Classic. So fortunately I'll be able to hear it about 20 times between now and Santa's birthday on the 25th of December.

It has gotten to the point where I actually relish hearing it. I can truly revel in its overwhelming suckiness.

Mason

[honestly, just read those lyrics... HORRIFIC and TERRIFYING!!!!!!!!!

Hmmmnnn...yet another reason why I never take your critiques seriously...
Tiny_Man_Inside
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, November 20 2007 @ 11:48 AM CST

Quote by: Calchas
Quote by: Tiny_Man_Inside

Mason

[honestly, just read those lyrics... HORRIFIC and TERRIFYING!!!!!!!!!

Hmmmnnn...yet another reason why I never take your critiques seriously...

Awesome. I had a feeling that you would like that dreadful song.

In all seriousness, can you explain to me what it is that you like about it? I find the entire composition offensive.
Ibstrat
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, November 21 2007 @ 07:14 AM CST

Sorry to inflict this on anyone...truly repulsive,

bud
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, November 21 2007 @ 07:45 AM CST

Quote by: Ibstrat
Sorry to inflict this on anyone...truly repulsive,

This is a perfect Saturday Night Live spoof. Unbelievable. I laughed with incredulity till I just couldn't take it anymore. I've actually tolerated Jewel in the past - she seemed harmless enough - but this double threat is just too much.

It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done.