Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
thetiler
Forum Full Member

Too bad country music doesn't have this setting now a days
Thursday, March 27 2014 @ 07:57 AM CDT

I think country music now, just doesn't have the down home setting the way it was intended.
I think because of big money it is more jiggle and dance than sitting back with your shoes off.

I wish videos like this would be more appreciated by the established country stars now.
But I have to say the cigarettes could of been toned down.

Daugrin
Forum Full Member

Re:Too bad country music doesn't have this setting now a day
Thursday, March 27 2014 @ 08:23 AM CDT

Sorry I can't help ya 'cos this forum is about how ya feel.
I can try to explain what yer on about... Country music is a series of associated brands.
The marketing of country music is a window on American culture.
The red dirt movement and alternative country branding are marginally popular and have a direct lineage to the music associated with the video presented above.
Cuntry music is female 12-35 white America. This demographic has low interest in music. Their interest is... they consume other things that come packaged with contemporary musical stylings... Smile

Daug
bud
Forum Full Member

Thursday, March 27 2014 @ 03:06 PM CDT

Is there a typo in the post above? Just wondering - and kind of hoping.

It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done.
magnatone
Forum Full Member

Thursday, March 27 2014 @ 03:20 PM CDT

Quote by: bud
Is there a typo in the post above? Just wondering - and kind of hoping.

i've been hoping that too!

my most recent song: "First Light (solo piano)"
DWL
Forum Full Member

Thursday, March 27 2014 @ 05:26 PM CDT

Typo indeed,

Country music is like any other genre. There are so many different strands that either stand alone or cross over into other styles. I'm not sure I agree with the Daug but I'm coming from the UK which perhaps perceives country music differently to native Americans.

Bill's original post was well made but I worry that although those of us of a certain age mourn the death of "simplicity" we were long left behind as the world moved on and maybe it was never that simple in the first place.

Hanging in with the out crowd (All rights reserved)
MikeRobinson
Forum Full Member

Thursday, March 27 2014 @ 07:14 PM CDT

Wasn’t it here that I first encountered the observation that “Every Country Song in 2013 Was The Same?”   It’s true, of course, as the associated video(s) will affirm.   Horny guy takes “Girl™” down by the river in his Red Pickup Truck with a six-pack of beer, etc.

But ... (shrug) it’s a commercial product that still sells millions of copies of itself, and it is generally produced by people who (by now ...) generally don’t take the whole thing too seriously as they cash those seven-figure royalty checks.
Daugrin
Forum Full Member

Thursday, March 27 2014 @ 10:37 PM CDT

Shooter's got ya covered there white bread.

thetiler
Forum Full Member

Friday, March 28 2014 @ 12:01 AM CDT

Quote by: DWL
Typo indeed,

Country music is like any other genre. There are so many different strands that either stand alone or cross over into other styles. I'm not sure I agree with the Daug but I'm coming from the UK which perhaps perceives country music differently to native Americans.

Bill's original post was well made but I worry that although those of us of a certain age mourn the death of "simplicity" we were long left behind as the world moved on and maybe it was never that simple in the first place.

One thing about Pete Seeger is he played with a lot of distinction and was not simplistic at all He had a LOT of things going on at one time. Plus being a great host to that show.
bronco
Forum Full Member

Friday, March 28 2014 @ 01:19 AM CDT

I know where you are coming from Bill! But the great thing about today is that you don't have to just listen to whatever is on the radio or the tv. The internet, You Tube, the online stores, the countless websites for small labels and independent artists. I'll even throw sites like our own in there because there has been some great country/folk/acoustic music posted on here as well. I will take as a challenge to try and find some videos of some "young talent" who embrace the past as well as the future. Lot of good music out there you just have to find it.

magnatone
Forum Full Member

Friday, March 28 2014 @ 08:40 AM CDT

Quote by: Daugrin
Shooter's got ya covered there white bread.

such grace!

my most recent song: "First Light (solo piano)"