Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
Daugrin
Forum Full Member

Push Push Mann/Allman Classic
Wednesday, December 28 2016 @ 06:57 PM CST

1971. Herb Mann and the 24 year old Duane Allman on the solos. The studio rhythm section is simply NY's finest studio aces.

Notice the control in the rhythm section, no digital time code, the groove simmers. Listen as well to how the tune evolves as the musicians react to each other's input and expand the tune.

What is missing, compared to today's BIG music offerings?

There are no: body commercials, boy band histrionics, gender bending, feminist agenda memes... the tune is completely worthless to social justice culture warrior unicorns. No hint of the global warming thread either.

Should you wonder why BIG has no interest in property like this for today's listener? President Obama just signed the "Ministry of Truth" into law, not kidding folks look it up, with his magic pen. Clearly there is truth on this track? How long before truth is under tight control? Too many questions?

There was a time when music was just music. This is an example from that time. Dig in.
Happy New Year, best of luck in the coming year. The year of the Rooster, I am told by a Korean friend of mine, it is gonna be amazing... or something.

Daug
Dadai.2
Forum Full Member

Re:Push Push Mann/Allman Classic
Wednesday, December 28 2016 @ 08:22 PM CST

Meeeuuusiiick!!

Love this. From 6:30 onward it really cooks. Thanks, Daug.

Duane left much, much too soon.

Take a listen >>> Texas Tango
VicDiesel
Forum Full Member

Friday, December 30 2016 @ 02:46 PM CST

I always found Herbie Mann a little iffy. His early music is plenty good, and he had people like Chick Corea in his group....

but then he gradually got more and more cheesy. Still, his solos were pretty good

Btw, I never got as much into Push Push as Memphis Underground, which has Sonny Freakin Sharrock and Larry Awesome Coryell.

No dis on Duane Allman implied, just a matter of taste.

Victor.

-- My CD.
Daugrin
Forum Full Member

Friday, December 30 2016 @ 04:56 PM CST

Herb Mann never achieved a cross over hit, getting paid was part of his thang, but no one was cleaning the kitchen, or exercising to his records, lol. Vic, thanks for posting these other leads for the MJers. Great education on those recordings.

Today's BIG music template has nothing like Mann's productions. Pledge music does!

Sad but true. We should do more informative posts. As long as youtube allows anyway. Folks haven't forgotten music. Think about this now friends.
Most have never really heard music...

The majority of people hear live music only at a worship service, the best new music they hear is on TV commercials while they are receiving hate programing on cable.

The music of younger folks is an accessory to the clothes they are wearing... a piece of swag to display: an identity icon instead of the aural experience which leads upward.
Listening to the real thing will change dat! The Doors "Strange Days" LP still crawls onto the charts from time to time...

Let's agree to turn people onto great listening experiences in 2017?

Daug

VicDiesel
Forum Full Member

Friday, December 30 2016 @ 05:54 PM CST

Quote by: Daugrin

Today's BIG music template has nothing like Mann's productions.

We've lost the groove, right? Both Push Push and Memphis Underground just have fantastic rhythm sections.

Btw, do you remember the back cover? This is how you record a cookin' record:

Victor.

-- My CD.