Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author

Not Cover Songs
Saturday, April 07 2007 @ 07:39 PM CDT

Re:Not Cover Songs
Saturday, April 07 2007 @ 07:45 PM CDT

Saturday, April 07 2007 @ 07:47 PM CDT

Ejh
Forum Full Member

Saturday, April 07 2007 @ 09:03 PM CDT

Albert King... The only guy who could make a Flying V look like a little guitar...

I ran into him once, almost literally, at the falafel place in The Garage in Harvard Square. Coming up the ramp with my head down, I looked up--and kept looking up--Albert King, no mistaking it, in a fedora. I just went blank, which seemed to amuse Albert. He looked down on me, put on his deepest voice, half-smiled and said, "Hello there."

I don't remember what I stammered out in reply. I was at that time recently under the spell of a double LP Albert King collection that I remember as 'The Velvet Bulldozer', so it was overwhelming to have the man himself right in front of me...

I get a kick out of seeing Albert kick his amp into overdrive in mid-solo... He picks up some distortion in the recording, but this still feels pretty neat...

Thanks, Noble Nougat,

Ed

"We have to remember...when it's surrender that's called for, it's not surrender of your brains. It's surrender of your ego. It's a different thing." --Bruce Cockburn "But the Buddha never asked us to be nonattached to the world. He just asked us to be

Saturday, April 07 2007 @ 09:04 PM CDT

Saturday, April 07 2007 @ 09:07 PM CDT

Quote by: Ejh
Thanks, Noble Nougat,

Ed

You're welcome, Ed - and thank you for sharing your story.
I had been thinking that many people don't realize that the famous versions of these songs are covers.

Saturday, April 07 2007 @ 09:13 PM CDT

I. Spike
Forum Full Member

Sunday, April 08 2007 @ 01:14 PM CDT

I'm a huge Johnny Guitar Watson fan!
Yeah baby... dig it...

"What matters, matters, and what doesn't matter, is antimatter."

Sunday, April 08 2007 @ 03:33 PM CDT

Quote by: Death Nougat

This is so coool ... : ) Donno how old You are . But EJH might remember a song called ***BOOTS ARE MADE FOR WALKIN....(& that's just what I'll do etc)**** I wish I knew who it was that sang it ! A woman I believe . As I was youngest of 5 I got to hear ALOT of great music in the sixties in NJ & then in Sweden SmileSmileSmileSmileSmile

Thanx so much must continue to watch them

Sunday, April 08 2007 @ 03:50 PM CDT