Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
bud
Forum Full Member

Burning Man
Saturday, December 01 2007 @ 10:01 PM CST

I've decided to go this summer after playing and volunteering at The Decom party a few weeks ago. Anybody else been there, or going? It'll be my first time.

It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done.
SmokeyVW
Forum Full Member

Re:Burning Man
Saturday, December 01 2007 @ 10:21 PM CST

I have never been there - but I've been more and more intrigued about it. I keep coming across amazing photos of installations...

Like the fire tornado thing - giant smoke ring generators

It seems someone put up an incredible speaker array once. Those are truly amazing. You can be right up at the sound wall and the volume there is the same as what you hear 30 meters away, 60 meters away, etc. etc, - it's only limited by how wide the array is. I would love to experience that!

Sunday, December 02 2007 @ 07:36 AM CST

Interesting....

Home page -

bud
Forum Full Member

Sunday, December 02 2007 @ 10:07 AM CST

Quote by: Rocha Malhada
Interesting....

Home page -

Thanks for the link Harold.
I'm actually planning to take the whole family (wife and two kids 14&17). The drummer I play with - Dave aka Volcanique here at MJ - has been going the last 4 or 5 years and he got our band involved wit the Decompression Party. These are after-parties that happen around the country and the world for Burners who can't get enough. 3,000 people attended the one here at The Queens Museum at the old World's Fair grounds.
For me the experience was very much like a face-to-face MJ community. Lot's of interesting music and art in an unusually supportive atmosphere.
The actual Burning Man is an extreme event in an extreme environment (the desert) - so we're discussing and planning this seriously as a family. The Survival Guide is 16 pages long.

It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done.