Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
pablatone
Forum Full Member

EZ drummer?
Sunday, December 02 2007 @ 11:08 AM CST

I'm thinking about getting EZdrummer, anybody have any experience with that program?

who the...? what the...?
Jim Bouchard
Forum Full Member

Re:EZ drummer?
Sunday, December 02 2007 @ 11:49 AM CST

I have EZ Drummer and it is pretty great for software drums. If you are using it in Garageband, it is a little quirky. It works fine in Logic though, browse through the grooves and drag the loop you want into the track window and there it is. You can adjust panning and mic'ing for the drums so you have a lot more control over your drum mix, as well as a selection of different drums samples. I wish there were ending and intros in the loop library, but it's easy to edit the stock loops.

In GB it's not recognized as the loop instrument, just as midi information and you have to drag the loop into the EZ Drummer software instrument track you created. It works in GB, but it's not really as it should be.
pablatone
Forum Full Member

Sunday, December 02 2007 @ 12:11 PM CST

I looked at the promo stuff, it seems pretty cool,is there good variation in the way the drums are struck? does it sound at all drum machiney? (do ya like that word? I made it up myself but feel free to use it whenever you need).

who the...? what the...?
pablatone
Forum Full Member

Sunday, December 02 2007 @ 12:22 PM CST

I just listened to some of your songs, excellent tunes! Did you use EZdrummer on those?

who the...? what the...?
Axgrinder
Forum Full Member

Sunday, December 02 2007 @ 12:28 PM CST

You can't get a better drummer in a can! I won't leave home without em. You shan't be disappointed!!! But like Jim said....... GB don't like them, however, they will work.... it's just that the interface is a pain in the ass!

Ax

*Soon to be updated* {I'm here for the "M-U-S-I-C" not the "F-O-R-U-M"} With all this great music, how does one score'um? funny animated gif
pablatone
Forum Full Member

Sunday, December 02 2007 @ 12:32 PM CST

Grindy!!!

who the...? what the...?

Jim Bouchard
Forum Full Member

Sunday, December 02 2007 @ 12:52 PM CST

I actually did not use EZ Drummer on a lot of those. The only one on my page that uses EZD is this one:http://www.macjams.com/song/35383

I went out and got a lot of the Drums on Demand volumes first, so I have been working with those for a long time. It has been sort of a challenge to find loopsets in that DOD library that I haven't used already so I thought I should try to program my own drums more, but the problem is that I am really not in the proper drummer mindset, whatever that is, I guess.

I got a copy of the Cocktail Drummer Expansion set when I got my copy of EZ Drummer, and I really like that one, since I am partial to the sort of brush and thump of the cocktail set. I got EZ Drummer because I was mastering a CD for Nolan and he used EZ Drummer on it and it really sounded super to me. Totally sounds like actual playing.