Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
damiengh
Forum Full Member

Latest on Self-tuning Guitar
Monday, December 03 2007 @ 02:32 PM CST

I know who I am and you know who you are, but who and the hell do they think they are?

Re:Latest on Self-tuning Guitar
Monday, December 03 2007 @ 02:50 PM CST

Unbelievable. Almost too good to be true, really. What blows me away is the $2499.99 price tag. I mean, sure, that is a good chunk of change, but I would have thought that something this revolutionary would start off at $5,000+. I'm sure there will be some bugs to work out. . . but it may be quite an investment. In twenty years it may be worth a ton to have an "original" Gibson Robot Guitar.

Quote by: damiengh
http://www.tronical.com/home

ValleyPastor
Forum Full Member

Monday, December 03 2007 @ 03:52 PM CST

Dang! I tuned my new robot guitar to DADGAD, and two measures later it went wwwww-wang and all my chords sounded like garbage.

Seriously, does anyone who has the chops where he or she would consider shelling out big bucks for a Les Paul need to pay $1000+ over a standard LP price for a tuning nanny?
rover101
Forum Full Member

Monday, December 03 2007 @ 04:57 PM CST

I can see this appealing to two groups of players; dentists (you know who I mean), and professionals who need either to be in tune ALL the time, or who change tunings fairly often. I've seen footage where Keithy could sure have used one.

Cheers, Shaky

Noli bastardi carborundum
SmokeyVW
Forum Full Member

Monday, December 03 2007 @ 05:15 PM CST

Come on. Tuning up an instrument is not that hard. You need to listen good and carefully to the beat frequencies. That's all there is to it. Sheesh.
--
Let me expand on that. If you need me to drop in to tune your guitar, that's 6x$100 - or your piano, 88x2.5x$100. - At that rate, the airfare will fade in comparison. Big Grin
chakeres
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, December 04 2007 @ 06:46 AM CST

As a primary guitar, personally I wouldn't like it. I like my locking nut to much with light gauge strings, bending the hell out of them when I play. I could see me fighting with this guitar the whole time I was playing. As a secondary guitar for someone who like to play a variety of open tunings, now that might make it worthwhile. If Gibson would make a robot that would string my guitar, I would pay money for that.

JAC

"It's All Been Done for a Reason"
Slotogenic
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, December 04 2007 @ 10:46 AM CST

Perfectly tuned guitars are boring. Besides, it dosn't even look like a robot!

Tuesday, December 04 2007 @ 11:09 AM CST

Quote by: Slotogenic
Perfectly tuned guitars are boring. Besides, it dosn't even look like a robot!

But it's got RED LIGHTS that light up! And the machine heads TURN BY THEMSELVES! Granted, it's a nice start, but they need to....

1) Add lots more lights. At least as many as a tricorder from Star Trek.
2) The lights should animate while it's working. Or change colour. Or both.
3) Lights on the machine heads should blink when they're turning.
4) It should have GPS technology and a satellite to download tuning info from. It would need a big dish on the end. The dish should rotate. And have lights.

Now that's a robot. Oh, and have a Cylon from Battlestar Galactica playing it in the promo vid. (If you're going for a more classic approach, use Robbie The Robot from Forbidden Planet.

ValleyPastor
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, December 04 2007 @ 12:32 PM CST

Quote by: Rik Berryere
Oh, and have a Cylon from Battlestar Galactica playing it in the promo vid. (If you're going for a more classic approach, use Robbie The Robot from Forbidden Planet.

I vote for the robot from Lost in Space. "Danger Will Robinson!"