Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
michael2
Forum Full Member

my album free
Sunday, December 02 2007 @ 12:40 PM CST

this is an album i did with my last band (old hickory - we were pretty good actually). we did this record for A&M, and they were pissed because we cranked it out in a weekend. there were originally 20 songs, but they cut 7 of them (said they weren't pop enough). still surprised they actually put the record out. lots of fuzz pedals,mellotron,trumpets,strange tunings, tons of guitar effects, harmonies,feedback,wierd toy instruments we found,theres a nice ARP synth on one song.

picture the flaming lips jamming with pavement and brian wilson. it's psychedelic pop music in my eyes. i had just come off a long drug habit, so a bunch of this is me realizing how much i had screwed up and how good life can really be. it's out of print now, so you guys can have it if you like.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/8g9ub0
Axgrinder
Forum Full Member

Re:my album free
Sunday, December 02 2007 @ 12:53 PM CST

F-R-E-E? The hell you say! Your to good of an artist to be doing this. Wait a tick..... This is precisely why you are such an outstanding musician (};-P) I'll let you know how much I would have paid for it after I give this old band of yours a listen. However, I'm sure you guys kick ass backwards.

Ax

*Soon to be updated* {I'm here for the "M-U-S-I-C" not the "F-O-R-U-M"} With all this great music, how does one score'um? funny animated gif
michael2
Forum Full Member

Sunday, December 02 2007 @ 12:56 PM CST

that's right, F-R-E-E. take it, it's yours. m4a format (pC has to convert it to mp3). check out the gtr in "drain the lake" and "settle down"

i'm trying to find the xmas single that we did. a slow moody noisy version of the Charlie Brown xmas song.
Axgrinder
Forum Full Member

Sunday, December 02 2007 @ 01:00 PM CST

Quote by: michael2
that's right, F-R-E-E. take it, it's yours. m4a format (pC has to convert it to mp3). check out the gtr in "drain the lake" and "settle down"

i'm trying to find the xmas single that we did. a slow moody noisy version of the Charlie Brown xmas song.

Hey man, I'm sorry! I forgot to say thanks for the generous offering it's pretty cool of you Mike. (I'm only a wee jealous) I'll get over it!

*Soon to be updated* {I'm here for the "M-U-S-I-C" not the "F-O-R-U-M"} With all this great music, how does one score'um? funny animated gif
Vic Holman
Forum Full Member

Sunday, December 02 2007 @ 01:09 PM CST

Thanks Michael.

I'm downloading it now.

Does this also include the tune that you had the video from you-tube?

well, you don't see that everyday
SmokeyVW
Forum Full Member

Sunday, December 02 2007 @ 01:13 PM CST

A most excellent holiday gift! Thanks man.
michael2
Forum Full Member

Sunday, December 02 2007 @ 01:16 PM CST

Quote by: Vic Holman
Thanks Michael.

I'm downloading it now.

Does this also include the tune that you had the video from you-tube?

no that was a band I was in when i was like 17 (very Glam), this is from the indie rock revolution. put together a band of friends, play some show, put out a single, play some more shows, put out an album, tour until you're dead, put out as much stuff as possible, then break up so everyone can go back to school or become a drunk.
Vic Holman
Forum Full Member

Sunday, December 02 2007 @ 01:27 PM CST

I heard 3 tunes already!

this is great stuff! Thanks Michael.

man you can really wail when needed!

well, you don't see that everyday
michael2
Forum Full Member

Sunday, December 02 2007 @ 01:32 PM CST

thanks Vic, i have some misgivings about the vox, but I think that playing that kind of guitar is what I'm probably best at (you need so much volume to do it though).

SmokeyVW
Forum Full Member

Sunday, December 02 2007 @ 01:35 PM CST

Science Fair!