Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
telefan
Forum Newbie

"Worlds Apart"
Monday, December 03 2007 @ 01:23 PM CST

Hello,

I've just posted another new song at: http://www.macjams.com/song/37257

It's got kind of a Beatles, middle eastern flavor, with some vocals and Allman Brothers soloing at the end. I used Garageband, drum loops, and a Line 6 Toneport for hardware and software. For guitars I used a telecaster and SG, and for bass an Aria Cardinal series.

An electric sitar patch in the Toneport provided the inspiration for the hook, and the sitar part was played with a slide on my telecaster.

I hope you enjoy!

Ed

Ed

Re:
Monday, December 03 2007 @ 01:50 PM CST

Quote by: telefan
Hello,

I've just posted another new song at: http://www.macjams.com/song/37257

It's got kind of a Beatles, middle eastern flavor, with some vocals and Allman Brothers soloing at the end. I used Garageband, drum loops, and a Line 6 Toneport for hardware and software. For guitars I used a telecaster and SG, and for bass an Aria Cardinal series.

An electric sitar patch in the Toneport provided the inspiration for the hook, and the sitar part was played with a slide on my telecaster.

I hope you enjoy!

Ed

Another nice tune. A good way to draw attention is to comment on the plethora of music at this site. (This is NOT a plug for me).

As far as your current score on this song, don't be disheartened when you see others getting straight nines and tens; it's unrealistic at best. The scoring has become far from objective, and is best described as a popularity indicator. The only reason I bring this up is that I don't want you to think that I voted on your song (currently only two votes there and two comments), I don't vote or ask for votes (disable). But that's another forum thread or four.
damiengh
Forum Full Member

Re:
Monday, December 03 2007 @ 02:05 PM CST

Yup, stats are not to be taken seriously around here. Look for love in the comments......AND FEEL THE LOVE of this place.

I know who I am and you know who you are, but who and the hell do they think they are?
Feter
Forum Full Member

Re:
Monday, December 03 2007 @ 02:06 PM CST

Thnx alot my friend and welcome to MJ !!
cool songs ...!

peace

«Blues is easy to play, but not to feel » (Jimi Hendrix)

telefan
Forum Newbie

Re:
Monday, December 03 2007 @ 02:22 PM CST

Thanks to all so much for your kind thoughts. They are very encouraging, because these efforts are a labor of love.

Ed