Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author

Get Rid Of BOB
Saturday, November 17 2007 @ 09:03 AM CST

Hi.Had to download Firefox to post this..I find it of the utmost offense that Bob has not been removed by the Admins...Niceties aside..There is no reason to allow this sort of behaviour.If this is allowed to be viewed as acceptable behaviour than this site may as well just go away...The very foundation that it's (meaning bob or whatever it is) was built on is totally repulsive...I see posts about the stone throwing crap and even if able to be imagined..One about how brilliant a hoax this was...Then the so-called "aplogy)) There was none..did I mention there was NONE..Just a wind up to a punch IMO..So this is a petition for the immediate removeall of the item BOB... I am no saint..Herion addict for 30 years,been in and out of the joint,Been stabbed and shot,,(lost my guns early knowing no good would come from me packing),,Been homeless,and with a two year old,,But also opened for the Who,Clash XTC,Santana and many more.. So no Saint here.. But I am a man and a father..If my son would have pulled this stunt and my wife read it....I would have pummeled the living shit out of him if He ever showed his face at my door again..This shit pisses me off...But I am also amazed that others here are not even annoyed to some degree..Taylor....OK an edit..You need to stand for something in your life..It has nothing to do with stone throwing or the like. It does have evrything to do with who you are however..Just a thought

Re:Get Rid Of BOB
Saturday, November 17 2007 @ 09:15 AM CST

Hmmmm, true.
I think he is a loser, and I do understand the reactions of others.
I do feel you have a point concerning the admin not removing his account. But I must also point out that censorship is most definitely the end of a site. Not implying you can do everything here, like misusing people's honest emotions to get you off. I wouldn't mind the admin removing him, but I must also warn everybody that once you start doing that...etc....It is like in real life, can you "remove" a person, or do we learn to ignore/lock away that person? I just dunno.
yours sincerely, Marc
TobinMueller
Forum Full Member

Saturday, November 17 2007 @ 09:18 AM CST

I have written Admin twice over this issue, behind the scenes. They haven't responded to one issue, this or others, for over a week. My guess, they aren't even keeping up. (A sad state of affairs.) Your request should be given serious consideration by Admin. I hope they respond, either with actions, explanations of why they are keeping Bob on, or policy clarifications. A simply clarification of policy could have diffused much of the discussions/negative emotions. Personally, I don't know if I'd remove Bob, I was simply ignoring him (boycott). I am not in favor of censorship. But I am saddened at Admin's blind eye to this and so many other minor inconveniences that have plagued this site for years.
davisamerica
Forum Full Member

Saturday, November 17 2007 @ 09:20 AM CST

marc...gonna get my ass in trouble again..but your remarks are food for thought...just freeze the guy out

I have finally figured this out but now I have forgotten what to use it for.

Saturday, November 17 2007 @ 09:27 AM CST

Hi Just..No problem with censorship..But this has very little to do with a human being. This is indeed a cancer..There is no way of actually knowing that is a pic of IT and IT's so called family.Or if the pic is of IT posing with a brothers family.. So there is a degree of,shall we say,actual respect involved in regards to posts at a site??There is nothing wrong with not allowing this sort of thing to be allowed as accectable behaviour..NONE...It isn't censorship..In my opinion it allows for the broader good in this case..I know if this were my site I would say NO NO NO to this one..It just seems to much bullshit here. Not needed..Unless I am wrong and other welcome this kind of sick..And I mean SICK shit..Perhaps all are happy as clams in this regard. I would be more than happy to know.. Then I could decide wether to move on or not..As a community I think there needs to be a specific response made here from individuals..Not a well you know kind of non commitment..But more-so I feel it comes under the header of the Admins allowances as to what is OK to do...Taylor

Saturday, November 17 2007 @ 09:28 AM CST

Quote by: Justbase
Hmmmm, true.
I think he is a loser, and I do understand the reactions of others.
I do feel you have a point concerning the admin not removing his account. But I must also point out that censorship is most definitely the end of a site. Not implying you can do everything here, like misusing people's honest emotions to get you off. I wouldn't mind the admin removing him, but I must also warn everybody that once you start doing that...etc....It is like in real life, can you "remove" a person, or do we learn to ignore/lock away that person? I just dunno.
yours sincerely, Marc

unfortunately, i agree. the actions of one silly person with obvious personal and mental issues should not throw away free speech. to decide who stays and who goes is against what the internet is all about. i am sure if i said or had done something objectionable the call would go out to punish me, but would that make it right? i know this is a tight-knit community, and when the wool is pulled over its collective eyes, we all want justice for making us feel the way we did. but, in fact, no one can make us feel anything.
this person is calling out for attention, and he has received a mountain of it here as of late. the best thing we can hope for from this is his music will improve, and he can get an honest fan base. and if not, the lack of attention will either make him leave of his own free will, or simply change his name like everyone else out there with emotional issues, and it will start all over again. eventually, one gets to the point where they can see through the falsities and hear who is who by their music. this person needs help. but, in the larger sense of what the internet stands for, he does not need to be banished. it would lend more power to his actions, and render us the vilian in this ridiculous little drama.

Saturday, November 17 2007 @ 09:35 AM CST

Quote by: TobinMueller
I have written Admin twice over this issue, behind the scenes. They haven't responded to one issue, this or others, for over a week. My guess, they aren't even keeping up. (A sad state of affairs.) Your request should be given serious consideration by Admin. I hope they respond, either with actions, explanations of why they are keeping Bob on, or policy clarifications. A simply clarification of policy could have diffused much of the discussions/negative emotions. Personally, I don't know if I'd remove Bob, I was simply ignoring him (boycott). I am not in favor of censorship. But I am saddened at Admin's blind eye to this and so many other minor inconveniences that have plagued this site for years.

maybe some missed this post?

Note from admin about Bob
TobinMueller
Forum Full Member

Saturday, November 17 2007 @ 09:37 AM CST

Quote by: Allen Dean
the best thing we can hope for from this is his music will improve...

Well said.
J.A.Stewart
Forum Full Member

Saturday, November 17 2007 @ 09:37 AM CST

Quote by: TobinMueller
I have written Admin twice over this issue, behind the scenes. They haven't responded to one issue, this or others, for over a week. My guess, they aren't even keeping up....

Not entirely accurate, Tobin... scroll to the bottom of this page.

Or, here is the quote:

Quote by: Admin
As most people know, we're about the lightest handed admins on the Internet, but this situation really has me scratching my head about why we shouldn't yank Bob's account and his music and get on with the show.

I'm afraid this situation is the latest proof that sometimes people can do things that indicate they're not worth having around. Pretending you are your father and posting about your own death, and then silently watching as some of our kindest members offer their most sincere condolences is not just disgustingly rude and immature. It is an indication that you are not the type of person who is capable of participating in a community of real people trying to carry on real things.

TBob: please do the graceful thing and delete your account (click the "Delete Content" link in the "My MacJams" box on the upper right corner of the site, while you are logged in).

Thank you

MY LATEST: A demo version of my Work-In-Progress DAILY GRIND

Saturday, November 17 2007 @ 09:38 AM CST

Hi..Sorry to dis-aggre...So I should then be able to start posting stories about sex with dogs??? Or young boys???After all//CENSORSHIP should not be allowed...Yes I am for free speach..But in an open forum then there should be no guidelines. COOL..Then let's go HERE..How about I start posting about how I would do the two young girls in Bobs' photo..Freedom of speech?? Well yes indeed.. But freedom to do so here??? THINK,THINK,THINK...Taylor Before you SPEAK