Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
ted23
Forum Full Member

If a tree falls
Wednesday, March 29 2017 @ 09:55 AM CDT

If a tree falls in the forest, and there’s nobody around to hear, does it make a sound?
If I upload a crap song to macjams, and nobody is around to hear it, is it still crap?
Hmmmm 🤔
Daugrin
Forum Full Member

Re:If a tree falls
Wednesday, March 29 2017 @ 10:35 AM CDT

Quote by: ted23
If a tree falls in the forest, and there’s nobody around to hear, does it make a sound?
If I upload a crap song to macjams, and nobody is around to hear it, is it still crap?
Hmmmm 🤔

What an excellent poser! I will attempt an answer, hopefully this will further the discussion.

Ah, if you polish a turd sufficiently, and the turd's aroma is perceivable as marginally correct, passes the stiff test for the control group, the shiny turd will engender mad interest.

The control group is desperate for effective turds, the control is anal retentive... so an abundance of turds increases their self-worth.

Sadly, in reality, your turd will still be a turd, yet because of yer selfless hard work, a shiny and most importantly, a useful, pungent, and proper turd, will always be heard and properly appreciated here at MJ Smile

Daug
magnatone
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, March 29 2017 @ 05:10 PM CDT

Quote by: Daugrin
Hmmmm 🤔

What an excellent poser! I will attempt an answer, hopefully this will further the discussion.

Ah, if you polish a turd sufficiently, and the turd's aroma is perceivable as marginally correct, passes the stiff test for the control group, the shiny turd will engender mad interest.

The control group is desperate for effective turds, the control is anal retentive... so an abundance of turds increases their self-worth.

Sadly, in reality, your turd will still be a turd, yet because of yer selfless hard work, a shiny and most importantly, a useful, pungent, and proper turd, will always be heard and properly appreciated here at MJ Smile

Daug

turd salad

my most recent song: "First Light (solo piano)"
Dadai.2
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, March 29 2017 @ 09:51 PM CDT

On a lighter note (sometimes a good take to take...)

Ed Hannifin
Forum Full Member

Thursday, March 30 2017 @ 07:26 AM CDT

Quote by: magnatone
Hmmmm 🤔

Daug

turd salad

Succinctly, parsimoniously and elegantly stated, Karen....

"We have to remember...when it's surrender that's called for, it's not surrender of your brains. It's surrender of your ego. It's a different thing." --Bruce Cockburn
Ed Hannifin
Forum Full Member

Thursday, March 30 2017 @ 07:28 AM CDT

Hmmmm 🤔

Not a concern. Turn off comments, and you'll never have to know...

"We have to remember...when it's surrender that's called for, it's not surrender of your brains. It's surrender of your ego. It's a different thing." --Bruce Cockburn
Daugrin
Forum Full Member

Thursday, March 30 2017 @ 11:50 AM CDT

Note to my good friends who may not understand Ted's question.
MacJams died, and was reborn. Our friends, who we love and care about deeply, deny this history. This does not mean we do not love, or value them any less!

The dead MacJamers do not hear the contemporary, turn off to comments which challenge their values, and ignore alternative voices.
Macjamers who hide behind online anonymity to defame anyone who do not reflect their values were once prized. In order to complete this effort, especially in the past, the dead Macjamers enlisted armies of sock and meat puppets to accomplish their social ends on the site.

In reference to Ted's question, to make his point relevant to people who have not been involved here since the town opened, the dead Macjams was eclipsed.
The control group, or clique, was outed as the site began to die, around 2009. People who saw what was happening here simply left. The hegemony of this control group ended under the weight of their own ineptitude. Crap, to make Ted's point again, is still here in MacJams town, how it is processed by the community has changed.

The community changed. This had to happen for the site to survive. If we return to the past, the site will suffer as it previously has suffered. There is no grand past here. The war between values here has raged since opening day. Today, now, is what matters.
Have fun! Post material and join in the conversation. Treat others in the manner you yourself expect to be treated.

If you come here to hate. In other words, simply come to MacJams to ensure your values are trumpeted in the forums above the views of people who do not agree with you, I hope you will change.

Change or die? I contend things are better here now. Some of the people responsible for offensive community activity have confessed. This began a great healing. Please appreciate how hard that was for our friends to do. Hate no longer is openly tolerated, yet is still present, as you can see in the song comments and forums.
Ted's question is the major issue this community must face. How we answer his question will determine if the site remains viable.

Daug
chikoppi
Forum Full Member

Thursday, March 30 2017 @ 01:23 PM CDT

If you come here to hate. In other words, simply come to MacJams to ensure your values are trumpeted in the forums above the views of people who do not agree with you, I hope you will change.

How can a person be so completely un-self aware?

"Things other people like, and the way they enjoy music in general, is shit. People who don't like what I like are sheep, too stupid to realize they are being manipulated by BIG (a nebulous assertion I will use any opportunity to make repeatedly, not matter how tenuously related to the topic at hand). People who disagree with me are part of a non-thinking collective devoted to censoring the real truth-tellers, namely...ME."

Physician, heal thyself.

“Ya, that idea is dildos.” Skwisgaar Skwigelf
GET SONG FEEDBACK --> MacJams Critics Circles
J.A.Stewart
Forum Full Member

Thursday, March 30 2017 @ 08:06 PM CDT

MY LATEST: A demo version of my Work-In-Progress DAILY GRIND

Calchas
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, April 04 2017 @ 09:22 AM CDT

I would think a great deal depends on whether or not the tree lands on ones head!