Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
Parichayaka
Forum Full Member

Re:Magnatone?
Friday, May 05 2017 @ 11:11 AM CDT

Quote by: Calchas
What a cyber ghost town this place has become. These days I'm feeling a bit like a tumbleweed!

'Ghost Town and Tumbleweed' contest!!! Nice musical inspiration. Who's in?
Parichayaka
Forum Full Member

Friday, May 05 2017 @ 02:58 PM CDT

...and Karen, thankfully music doesn't have an expiry date. Especially your piano music! I agree with Kevin, if he means that you can't listen to the same piece of music more than once, since your listening experience will always slightly different. Emotions are the water then, in the 'river' analogy. That's how I understand it.

Besides, the inspiration and other qualities put into a piece of music, are timeless and stay with the creation, beyond analysis, technique, chord progression and sound. Just sayingWink
magnatone
Forum Full Member

Friday, May 05 2017 @ 04:12 PM CDT

ok ok - re-enabled!

(there are still a FEW people at MJ!)

my most recent song: "First Light (solo piano)"
SmokeyVW
Forum Full Member

Friday, May 05 2017 @ 05:45 PM CDT

Quote by: magnatone
ok ok - re-enabled!

(there are still a FEW people at MJ!)

yeah!
Char
Forum Full Member

Saturday, May 06 2017 @ 03:09 AM CDT

I agree with the guys, Karen. No music is ever too old, especially yours.

If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun. Katharine Hepburn
Char
Forum Full Member

Saturday, May 06 2017 @ 03:10 AM CDT

The computer or the page locked.Sorry, double post. Smile

If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun. Katharine Hepburn
Ed Hannifin
Forum Full Member

Saturday, May 06 2017 @ 05:00 AM CDT

I'm glad your music is re-enabled, Karen. Both your music here and your presence have been among the enduring gifts of the site...

"We have to remember...when it's surrender that's called for, it's not surrender of your brains. It's surrender of your ego. It's a different thing." --Bruce Cockburn
particledots
Forum Full Member

Saturday, May 06 2017 @ 08:10 AM CDT

Quote by: Ed Hannifin
I'm glad your music is re-enabled, Karen. Both your music here and your presence have been among the enduring gifts of the site...

couldn't agree more
mr_mordenus
Forum Full Member

Saturday, May 06 2017 @ 03:53 PM CDT

There are a few people here who keep me from completely forgetting this place still exists. I still do detour back, wistfully, and feel a small touch of joy when I see Karen is still here. And Chikoppi. SmokeyVW. Bud. Doofy. A few others. They keep me here.

And then Daug posts something in the forum and I head back out of town without looking in the rearview. (Partly kidding. Mostly not.)

I so miss the place this used to be. The festivals. The challenges. The energy. The vibe. The pie. The margaritas. The wild sex in the hallways and the all-you-can-eat breadsticks. The MacJams Airbus A380. The private Caribbean beach.

Man....... those were the days.

magnatone
Forum Full Member

Saturday, May 06 2017 @ 04:00 PM CDT

Quote by: mr_mordenus
There are a few people here who keep me from completely forgetting this place still exists. I still do detour back, wistfully, and feel a small touch of joy when I see Karen is still here. And Chikoppi. SmokeyVW. Bud. Doofy. A few others. They keep me here.

And then Daug posts something in the forum and I head back out of town without looking in the rearview. (Partly kidding. Mostly not.)

I so miss the place this used to be. The festivals. The challenges. The energy. The vibe. The pie. The margaritas. The wild sex in the hallways and the all-you-can-eat breadsticks. The MacJams Airbus A380. The private Caribbean beach.

Man....... those were the days.

I feel the same about you Ryk! In fact, I pretty much concur with everything you've said here

my most recent song: "First Light (solo piano)"