Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
Calchas
Forum Full Member

Well folks...
Wednesday, May 10 2017 @ 10:17 AM CDT

This morning I injured the tip of the pointer finger of my right hand on a grinder in the wood-shop. (Oh, the humanity!)

This means no guitar playing for awhile. Sigh...

Sooo... over the next few weeks I will concentrate and remixing, remastering, and reposting some old tunes.

Your patience is greatly appreciated.

Be well friends!
VicDiesel
Forum Full Member

Re:Well folks
Wednesday, May 10 2017 @ 10:24 AM CDT

I cut the left side of the tip of my left thumb. Which is quite crucial for recorder players.

Is a good exercise in having the gentlest possible pressure on the thumb hole.....

Victor.

-- My CD.
Calchas
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, May 10 2017 @ 10:34 AM CDT

Quote by: VicDiesel
I cut the left side of the tip of my left thumb. Which is quite crucial for recorder players.

Is a good exercise in having the gentlest possible pressure on the thumb hole.....

Victor.

There you are! I was wondering what became of you after our nice collab bro... Was yours a recent injury? At any rate, good to hear from you again.

Please forgive my paranoia! So many good folks have gone missing from this site. I get a little nervous when I don't see someone for awhile.

Be well friend!
VicDiesel
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, May 10 2017 @ 12:10 PM CDT

Quote by: Calchas

There you are! I was wondering what became of you after our nice collab bro... Was yours a recent injury?

Injury is not too bad. Just a cut at a very awkward place for a recorder player. Good thing it happened right after I had to play a couple theatre shows.

No, I've just been busy. Last night I decided to just let the tape run while I was experimenting with some new toys.

The result

I'll check out your new postings.

Victor.

-- My CD.
Calchas
Forum Full Member

Friday, May 12 2017 @ 10:59 AM CDT

There you are! I was wondering what became of you after our nice collab bro... Was yours a recent injury?

Injury is not too bad. Just a cut at a very awkward place for a recorder player. Good thing it happened right after I had to play a couple theatre shows.

No, I've just been busy. Last night I decided to just let the tape run while I was experimenting with some new toys.

The result

I'll check out your new postings.

Victor.

Glad your injury is not serious. I'm having trouble now even signing my name. Hope this heals up soon. I'm worried about it affecting my ability to pick my guitars.
VicDiesel
Forum Full Member

Friday, May 12 2017 @ 12:54 PM CDT

I'm having trouble now even signing my name. Hope this heals up soon. I'm worried about it affecting my ability to pick my guitars.

Give it enough rest.

Meanwhile work on your left hand tapping technique :-)

Victor.

-- My CD.
bronco
Forum Full Member

Saturday, May 13 2017 @ 12:40 AM CDT

Hey you can learn to fingerpick. All you really need for most stuff is thumb and one finger.
Calchas
Forum Full Member

Monday, May 15 2017 @ 10:05 AM CDT

I'm having trouble now even signing my name. Hope this heals up soon. I'm worried about it affecting my ability to pick my guitars.

Give it enough rest.

Meanwhile work on your left hand tapping technique :-)

Victor.

Just what IS the sound of one hand tapping?

;-)

Calchas
Forum Full Member

Monday, May 15 2017 @ 10:07 AM CDT

Quote by: bronco
Hey you can learn to fingerpick. All you really need for most stuff is thumb and one finger.

I already fingerpick...but I use my pointer a lot in the process.

Anyway, I'm healing up nicely... although still very tender. And it might be awhile before my nail returns to its former glory! Hah...