Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
mr_mordenus
Forum Full Member

Re:(re)magination CHALLENGE, Schubert 143.2
Monday, May 15 2017 @ 02:53 PM CDT

Quote by: chikoppi
Quote by: mr_mordenus
Same result. I'm using a 2014 iMac with OS X 10.10.5, Safari 8.0.8 with a VIA Rail F40PH-2 (HO scale) sitting beside the monitor next to a cup of tea. If any of that means anything meaningful to you tech wizards... I just turn on the computer and do my thing. Go ahead and snicker at me. The cat does it all the time.

Are you right-clicking on the link to bring up the optional commands?

Remember when Sulu couldn't get the Enterprise to jump into warp and Captain Pike asked him if the parking brake was on and Sulu said no and Pike asked him if he was a pilot and Sulu said yes and Spock asked him if the inertial dampers were engaged and Sulu glances down, flicks something utterly tiny and unseen and barely audible and then stares straight ahead clearly feeling he'd made a complete and utter bozo of himself in front of everyone as the ship winds up to warp?

I right clicked. It's in. I'm staring resolutely straight ahead, not looking at anyone.

Spoken in a barely audible whisper: "Thanks for the tip, Chikoppi."
SmokeyVW
Forum Full Member

Monday, May 15 2017 @ 04:43 PM CDT

Quote by: chikoppi
Same result. I'm using a 2014 iMac with OS X 10.10.5, Safari 8.0.8 with a VIA Rail F40PH-2 (HO scale) sitting beside the monitor next to a cup of tea. If any of that means anything meaningful to you tech wizards... I just turn on the computer and do my thing. Go ahead and snicker at me. The cat does it all the time.

Are you right-clicking on the link to bring up the optional commands?

Remember when Sulu couldn't get the Enterprise to jump into warp and Captain Pike asked him if the parking brake was on and Sulu said no and Pike asked him if he was a pilot and Sulu said yes and Spock asked him if the inertial dampers were engaged and Sulu glances down, flicks something utterly tiny and unseen and barely audible and then stares straight ahead clearly feeling he'd made a complete and utter bozo of himself in front of everyone as the ship winds up to warp?

I right clicked. It's in. I'm staring resolutely straight ahead, not looking at anyone.

Spoken in a barely audible whisper: "Thanks for the tip, Chikoppi."

we didn't see anything
Ren-Tin-10
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, May 16 2017 @ 10:26 PM CDT

Here's mine: Hooked on Schubert

http://www.macjams.com/song/83306

All I did was recast the original MIDI as a Fantasia synth, then added a drum loop. Enjoy!

Cheers,
Jim

Hear (and see) our latest: "Dark Waters" http://www.macjams.com/song/71128 http://youtu.be/-CF57HYV7VQ
mr_mordenus
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, May 17 2017 @ 09:20 PM CDT

I've got something strange coming together... sort of. It needed ducks in as bad way, and I was just the guy for the job.

You just can't go wrong with ducks.

And it's here...

Schubert Let The Ducks Out

Unfortunately the song art I worked on almost as long as the song (song art has always been a big part of the deal with me) isn't there. It's well under the MJ guidelines (the image is 88 kb, 250x250, jpeg) but MJ just won't accept it for some reason. Sigh.......................

So if you'd like to see the song art, it's on the Soundcloud page.

Sigh. Macjams........
mr_mordenus
Forum Full Member

Saturday, June 10 2017 @ 04:52 PM CDT

MacJammers: come on in! Dive in, swan dive, cannonball, bellyflop, fall in like a drunk tullywhumper or cut the surface with a rare, breathtaking style, but come on in! The water's fine and the music's calling you!

Just remember to right-click to download the midi piece. There was a rumor that someone had an issue with that. Hard to believe... I know, right?

Seriously; if a talentless yob such as myself can pull off something musical* with this than the gifted creative masterminds that wander the hallowed halls of MJ will weave magic on the magnitude of altering reality. It'll happen. Gravity will change. Galaxies will change the course of their trajectory. Honda might even start making Preludes again. Oh pleasepleasepleaseplease........ please please pleasepleaseplease....

So let's make some magic!

* - If "musical" can be defined as profoundly strange, lacking in knowledge, structure or savvy, devoid of a genuine familiarity with the subject matter or even the genre it is part of a family of, and might literally induce embarrassment and cringing in those whose love and appreciation of classical music would lead them to beat me soundly with rubber chickens.
SmokeyVW
Forum Full Member

Thursday, June 15 2017 @ 07:10 PM CDT

my latest song is stuck in "This song is not yet approved" limbo
so, i have little motivation at present
http://macjams.com/song/83114
mr_mordenus
Forum Full Member

Saturday, June 17 2017 @ 11:07 PM CDT

Quote by: SmokeyVW

You have 479 songs... and this one is waiting for approval? I've been clicking on it and it still hasn't been approved yet. Who needs to approve a 480th submission? I'm a little bewildered here.

particledots
Forum Full Member

Sunday, June 18 2017 @ 06:37 AM CDT

Quote by: SmokeyVW

You have 479 songs... and this one is waiting for approval? I've been clicking on it and it still hasn't been approved yet. Who needs to approve a 480th submission? I'm a little bewildered here.

obviously, its part of the challenge that somehow had been forgotten to be mentioned in the rules in post #1

Char
Forum Full Member

Friday, July 07 2017 @ 06:28 PM CDT

I loaded Bryn's link. I never even tried this GB on my new mac. I can't remember my name, let alone what I used to do. I never read any instructions. I just flew under radar and lucked out.
Maybe, if I get some help, I can make something. Just don't hold your breath.

If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun. Katharine Hepburn