Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
drakonis
Forum Full Member

Drak visits SWEDEN!
Monday, September 04 2017 @ 02:47 PM CDT

After years of planning and saving, my wife and I took a grand 14 day cruise through the Baltic, to visit Copenhagen Denmark, Kiel Germany, Tallinn Estonia (where Skype was invented), St. Petersburg Russia, Helsinki Finland, and Stockholm Sweden (part of my DNA is Swedish.)

Since we were going to be in Stockholm for a couple of days, I set up a meeting with my friend and wonderful Macjammer Henrik/"Henke"https://www.macjams.com/artist/henke who lives 1/2 hour away, and he came down to meet us and take us to his home for a fabulous Swedish Smorgasbord brunch.

We talked about books and coffee and food and knitting/spinning/weaving and some of our travels and swapped home-made liquors… and learned that Anna is a well-known Swedish children’s book author, having published several books that have been translated into quite a few different languages, e.g.
https://www.amazon.com/bateau-dEmilie-Anna-Dunér/dp/2803438232/ref=sr_1_4?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1504552060&sr=1-4

Anna’s brother has published some books of food/cuisine, and their eldest daughter has published a couple of well-received books as well. And Henrik has published his own poetry book with his music in it. Needless to say, being book-lovers ourselves, we felt right at home!

Henrik and Anna were such warm and enjoyable hosts that the time passed far too quickly and we had to leave, get on the subway and head back to our ship before it took off. And due to a long story about me thinking we could take a short cut at the end, we missed the bus and had to walk across town, and we barely made it back to the ship with about 10 minutes to spare!

So without further ado, here’s a photo of our get-together, with Me, Anna, Henrik, and my wife Jeri, having a great time in the Swedish countryside! You know, Macjammers are the most amazingly fun bunch of people!

Drak visits Sweden!

ttfn,
Drakonis
mr_mordenus
Forum Full Member

Re:Drak visits SWEDEN!
Monday, September 04 2017 @ 11:39 PM CDT

That just might be one of the greatest smiles in the history of smiles. I can't help grinning looking at this. Wonderful that you're having such a fab time; stories, conversation and friendship are the treasures that just grow more cherished with time.

And that smile!
Moviz
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, September 05 2017 @ 06:15 AM CDT

A Really nice photo of you both Drak, Henke and your wives. As a matter of fact, that same cruise was shown on our TV last week and it was very interesting as well as beautiful. So pleased you all got together and enjoyed it so much.

It's never too late.... is it?
J.A.Stewart
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, September 05 2017 @ 01:23 PM CDT

Excellent! (Dragon)Wings Across the Water. Smile

MY LATEST: A demo version of my Work-In-Progress DAILY GRIND
Henke
Forum Regular Poster

Tuesday, September 05 2017 @ 03:23 PM CDT

Well, thanks again Eduard. Indeed we had a pleasant time that afternoon, and regretfully it ended rather too early. Glad you made it to the boat in time, though ;-)

Also thanks for your book commercial above :-)

(My book, although there's actually a couple of simple poems in it, is more of an experimental novel, made up of four short stories combined with a fifth chapter in dramatic(?) form where the protagonists from the short stories come together in a theatre to meet the Director... Also a few photos and paintings to go with the music. Unfortunately I have still two more pieces of music to write specifically for this book, Autumn and The Fifth Season. After that the book will be updated in the iBook Store... Unfortunately it's in Swedish only at this time.)

Thanks and take care!

/Henrik

Check out my iPad book Den femte årstiden (The Fifth Season) with texts (in Swedish) from the 80's, photos from the last decade or so and six of my songs from MacJams.

Skean
Forum Full Member

Friday, September 08 2017 @ 02:03 AM CDT

Hove cool is that, thanks for sharing your experience.
Love to you all folks.

I Almost Always Try to Think Positive Thoughts.