Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
TobinMueller
Forum Full Member

Re:Best Rock Song EVER!
Saturday, November 17 2007 @ 08:25 PM CST

Now that Led Zeppelin's stuff is available on iTunes, I've revisted there stuff. They were so good. I think they were the best rock band ever. (I put The Beatles first, for many reasons, but never really thought of them as a rock band, however weird that might seem.) My fav Led Zeppelin album is still their first (with the black and white cover), and my fav tune is:

Dazed and Confused
guitapick
Forum Full Member

Saturday, November 17 2007 @ 09:16 PM CST

Quote by: TobinMueller
Now that Led Zeppelin's stuff is available on iTunes, I've revisted there stuff. They were so good. I think they were the best rock band ever. (I put The Beatles first, for many reasons, but never really thought of them as a rock band, however weird that might seem.) My fav Led Zeppelin album is still their first (with the black and white cover), and my fav tune is:

Dazed and Confused

That is truly a fantastic tune, Tobin. And the entire album is a true classic.

I don't like to be pinned down to one...but I guess, for all of it's "overplay" on the airwaves, I'd pick "All Along the Watchtower"...Jimi Hendrix version. I love all of his stuff, actually. Each album had a different flavor. But the "Electric Ladyland" compilation was just so great...

I live between the notes

CDBaby "Above the Surface" iTunes Store

Scott Carmichael
Forum Full Member

Saturday, November 17 2007 @ 09:40 PM CST

I'll have to say "Gates of Delerium" YES... when it's over I feel as though I've been on a journey... and live it was stunning

Sunday, November 18 2007 @ 02:26 AM CST

i would have to weigh in two. they have been my two favs for well over ten years.

'A Change Of Seasons' by Dream Theater. It's a bit epic, 24 minutes or so, but oh, so good! Superbly dynamic and diverse. A very easy 24 minutes spent!

and

'Someone Else' by Queensryche. the original Promised Land version (though I like the live, full-band, extended lyrics version, but just Geoff and piano...wow!) Kind of an odd choice for a 'Ryche tune, but there is just so much power, emotion and conviction in the song. What's not to love? I know, other 'Ryche purists (Allen?) may disagree...

both songs have lyrics that I can really relate to, so maybe that's why. But they have been stable for a long time now and I don't see it changing anytime soon
guitapick
Forum Full Member

Sunday, November 18 2007 @ 01:41 PM CST

Quote by: Scott Carmichael
I'll have to say "Gates of Delerium" YES... when it's over I feel as though I've been on a journey... and live it was stunning

You know, Scott...that entire album is incredible. People were all concerned about life without Wakeman. A legit concern, as he really was a huge part of the band. But "Relayer", from start to finish, was fantastic. A shame that Mr. Moraz didn't stay with them longer than that one LP. I can remember my first play of it like it was yesterday (which is wasn't).

I live between the notes

CDBaby "Above the Surface" iTunes Store

dolby
Forum Full Member

Monday, November 19 2007 @ 03:28 AM CST

This week I have mostly been listening to....

"For Those About To Rock (We Salute You)" by AC/DC

...gimme canons....more canons in rock!