Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
particledots
Forum Full Member

Brace for Impact
Thursday, January 19 2017 @ 10:48 PM CST

Tomorrow (Jan 20 2017) is going to be the start of a very bumpy ride for the USA

Hold tight

http://billmoyers.com/story/the-trump-resistance-plan-a-timeline-russia-and-president-trump/

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/jan/01/observer-view-on-2017

Jan 19 - 'Brace for Impact'
Jan 21 - Worldwide protests against Trump
Jan 22 - Kelly Anne Conway - 'Alternative Facts'
Jan 23 - similarity of Trump and Putin tactics for'dealing with the media'
Jan 24 - FCC to be led by Ajit Pai, staunch opponent of consumer protection rules
Jan 28 - World reacts to original Muslim ban
Jan 29 - 'Alternative Facts review' - crowd sizes, voter fraud allegations, Trumps 'tremendous' 2016 victory, Trumps CIA speech, Trump on Syrian refugees, Trumps claims about crime statistics, American products/American Jobs, The Federal Workforce
Jan 29 - Conflicts of interest
Jan 29 - Bannon gets seat on National Security Council, 'lobbying ban executive order'
Jan 29 - Trump’s erratic first week was among the most alarming in history
Jan 30 - Suspect in Quebec Mosque Attack Quickly Depicted as a Moroccan Muslim. He’s a White Nationalist
Jan 31 - steve Bannon, most dangerous man in America
Feb 1 - Public figures call for biggest ever UK protest to oppose Trump visit
Feb 3 - Kellyanne Conway blames refugees for 'Bowling Green massacre' that never happened
Feb 3 - Trump to take steps rolling back financial regulations
Feb 3 - House Votes To Overturn Obama Rule Restricting Gun Sales To The Severely Mentally Ill
Feb 5 - Eric Trump’s business trip to Uruguay cost taxpayers $97,830 in hotel bills
Feb 7 - The full list of Trump's 'under-reported' terror attacks – and how they were reported
Feb 16 - Admit it, Trump is unfit to serve
Feb 17 - Trump's anti-press conference would be funny – if it weren't so scary
Feb 17 - With 'Fake News,' Trump Moves From Alternative Facts To Alternative Language
Feb 24 - Steve Bannon lifted his mask of death at CPAC. It wasn't a pretty sight
Feb 28 - Mem Fox on being detained by US immigration: 'In that moment I loathed America'
Mar 1 - People who accuse others of "virtue signalling" are trying to stigmatise empathy
Mar 4 - Will Russia connection become the Trump administration's Watergate?
Mar 6 - Trump on track to spend exorbitant amount of taxpayer dollars on travels
Mar 9 -Trump on track to spend exorbitant amount of taxpayer dollars on travels
Mar 16 - Trump’s budget calls for seismic disruption in medical and science research
Mar 21 - All the President’s Lies
Mar 22 - Trump's weekly list of 'immigrant crimes' is as sinister as it sounds
Mar 28 - Your browsing history may be up for sale soon. Here's what you need to know
Apr 1 - ICE Arrests Green Card Applicants In Lawrence, Signaling Shift In Priorities
Apr 4 - 'I refuse to be like them': why the man shot while protesting Milo Yiannopoulos doesn't want revenge
Apr 6 - Before This Is Over, Republicans Are Going to Wish Hillary Clinton Won
Apr 8 - Mitch McConnell, the man who broke America
Apr 12 - Anger and ridicule in Israel over Sean Spicer's Hitler comments
Apr 14 - 'It felt like the heavens were falling': Afghans reel from Moab impact
Apr 14 - The bombing of Afghanistan shows the US is led by a one-man wild card
Apr 15 - British spies were first to spot Trump team's links with Russia
Apr 15 - Steve Bannon Was Doomed
Apr 17 - John Oliver on Donald Trump: 'A bully in the White House'
Apr 20 - Donald Trump's North Korea 'armada' gaffe was dangerous buffoonery
Apr 22 - Global 'March for Science' protests call for action on climate change
Apr 24 - State Department Removes Webpage Featuring Trump's For-Profit Club, Mar-A-Lago
Apr 25 - Panorama special looking at the first 100 days of President Trump
Apr 30 - Donald Trump blames constitution for chaos of his first 100 days
May 2 - Stephen Colbert Monologue - this goes out to you Mr President
May 4 - Betrayal-carelessness-hypocrisy-the-gop-health-care-bill-has-it-all
May 5 - Trump's Fitness To Serve Is 'Officially Part Of The Discussion In Congress'
May 6 - Macron Campaign Says It Was Target of ‘Massive’ Hacking Attack
May 7 - The great British Brexit robbery: how our democracy was hijacked
May 9 - John Oliver on net neutrality: 'Every internet group needs to come together'
May 9 - Swap 'Clinton' for 'Trump' to see just how bad the Flynn scandal is
May 9 Calls for special prosecutor after Trump sacks FBI director – as it happened
May 10 - Grand jury subpoenas issued in FBI's Russia investigation
May 10 - Journalist arrested for asking Trump cabinet member about healthcare bill
May 11 - Dakota Access pipeline has first leak before it's fully operational
May 13 - This week just gave a clear snapshot of all Donald Trump's leadership troubles
May 13 - Dead man lying: Unyielding dishonesty and belligerence have landed Trump one investigation away from impeachment
May 13 - this-is-not-a-crisis-republicans-say-as-a-large-spider-slowly-devours-them
May 16 - Donald Trump 'shared highly classified information with Russian officials'
May 16 - More Americans support Trump's impeachment than oppose it for first time, poll finds
May 16 - Stephen Fry explains why Donald Trump believes his own bluster: 'Complete ignorance breeds confidence'
May 19 - Inside Russia’s Social Media War on America
May 19 - Why Trump Lies: It’s not just to hide the truth. It’s to alter reality
May 25 - jared-kushner-now-a-focus-in-russia-investigation
May 26 - Trump v Macron: French president appears to win latest handshake battle
May 26 - Republican candidate charged with assault after 'body-slamming' Guardian reporter
May 26 - Sally Yates Tells Harvard Students Why She Defied Trump
May 28 - Angela Merkel says Germany can no longer rely on Donald Trump's America: 'We Europeans must take our destiny into our own hands'
May 28 - A Danger to the World It's Time to Get Rid of Donald Trump
May 28 - the-us-has-a-homegrown-terrorist-problem--and-its-coming-from-the-right
May 29 - Todd Rundgren/Donald Fagin - The man with the tin foil hat
May 31 - Kentucky newspapers suffer twin threats amid rising anti-media climate
Jun 1 - Nigel Farage is 'person of interest' in FBI investigation into Trump and Russia
Jun 1 - Ice agents are out of control. And they are only getting worse
Jun 2 - Mayor Greg Stanton: Despite U.S. withdrawal, Phoenix will support Paris climate pact
Jun 3 - Trump's Speech On Paris Climate Agreement Withdrawal, Annotated
Jun 4 - 'Alt-right celebrities' are holding a rally in Portland. Who are they?
Jun 4 - Trump has granted more lobbyist waivers in 4 months than Obama did in 8 years
Jun 5 - A Number of Reasons I’ve Been Depressed Lately
Jun 6 - Russian agents hacked US voting system manufacturer before US election – report
Jun 7 - Russia and Trump: the chronicle of a scandal
Jun 7 - how-donald-trump-shifted-kids-cancer-charity-money-into-his-business
Jun 10 - See Roger Waters Emasculate Donald Trump With 'Pigs' at Tour Rehearsal
Jun 10 - Naomi Klein: Now let's fight back against the politics of fear
Jun 11 - Donald Trump tells Theresa May in a phone call he does not want to go ahead with a state visit to Britain until the British public supports him coming. The US president said he did not want to come if there were large-scale protests.
Jun 14 - Trump is ushering in a kleptocracy. That's why he is being sued
Jun 15 - Trump sells Qatar $12 billion of U.S. weapons days after accusing it of funding terrorism
Jun 17 - A Guide To Donald Trump’s Relationship With Alex Jones
Jun 19 - Energy Secretary Rick Perry says carbon emissions not main driver for climate change
Jun 19 - WTF Is Going on With the Secret Senate Version of Trumpcare?
Jun 20 - Trump's silence after the London mosque attack speaks volumes
Jun 22 - Trump says he doesn't want a 'poor person' handling economy
Jun 22 - Trump admits: 'I did not make, and do not have' tapes of Comey conversations
Jun 22 - What the Senate bill changes about Obamacare
Jun 22 - Obama attacks Republican health bill as 'massive transfer of wealth' to the rich
Jun 23 - The lunatics have taken over the asylum
Jun 24 - Sorry, But It’s Entirely the Right’s Fault: In Trump’s America; the right, not the left, are the real haters.
Jun 24 - Trump's Lies
Jun 28 - Trump was sleazy with a reporter. Her awkward laugh felt all too familiar
Jun 29 - Trump talks increasing fossil fuel exports, relaxing offshore drilling rules
Jun 29 - How Rex Tillerson Is Wrecking the State Department
Jun 30 - Understanding Republican Cruelty
Jul 1 - The president of the United States appears untethered from reality
Jul 1 - Is NRA video recruiting … for civil war?
Jul 1 - Donald Trump and Mika Brzezinski: He Knew Exactly What He Was Doing
Jul 4 - Our #FakeHero president is an insult to our Founders
Jul 4 - Trump's alarming environmental rollback: what's been scrapped so far
July 6 - 18 States Sue Betsy DeVos Over Student Loan Protections
July 8 - Cable TV companies can charge higher prices thanks to new court ruling
July 9 - Chris Uhlmann Donald Trump Analysis from G20 2017
July 9 - Putin points at journalists and asks Trump 'are these the ones hurting you?' during press conference
July 11 - Donald Trump Jr posts emails from Russia offering material on Clinton: 'I love it'
July 19 - Six ways Trump is 'dismantling' the US after six months in office
July 21 - What Trump’s Putin Love Reveals About Conservatives
Daugrin
Forum Full Member

Re:Brace for Impact
Saturday, January 21 2017 @ 09:21 AM CST

Quote by: particledots
Tomorrow (Jan 20 2017) is going to be the start of a very bumpy ride for the USA

Hold tight

Day one. Nothing unusual happened. Maybe you could relax a little? In deference to your stern, heart felt warning, please keep all informed if ya feel something hit.

Daug
magnatone
Forum Full Member

Saturday, January 21 2017 @ 11:21 AM CST

Quote by: Daugrin

Hold tight

Day one. Nothing unusual happened. Maybe you could relax a little? In deference to your stern, heart felt warning, please keep all informed if ya feel something hit.

Daug

nothing unusual happened? you must not be paying attention

my most recent song: "First Light (solo piano)"
Daugrin
Forum Full Member

Saturday, January 21 2017 @ 12:20 PM CST

Quote by: magnatone
Quote by: Daugrin

Hold tight

Daug

nothing unusual happened? you must not be paying attention

Hey, thanks for helping out! What hit? What was the impact, and how do you feel about it?
If you have the time, and there are many hits, please feel free to share yer hit list. Maybe I am not sensitive enough to feel real impacts?
I mean, my friend, it looks like the same the same Dog and Pony show as last time, and the time before that...etc. Different circumstances, same shoot-um-up, same rodeo, same delusion... but you can help?

Daug
Ed Hannifin
Forum Full Member

Saturday, January 21 2017 @ 08:32 PM CST

Well, there's certainly the same Daug-sans-pony show here. Same old thing. Same superior stance. Same nothing-enlightening-or-illuminating-to-say contributions. Same superiority-of-tone. Same pretending-to-a-higher-knowledge-but-backed-by-nothing stance.

"We have to remember...when it's surrender that's called for, it's not surrender of your brains. It's surrender of your ego. It's a different thing." --Bruce Cockburn
Ed Hannifin
Forum Full Member

Saturday, January 21 2017 @ 08:33 PM CST

Hold tight

Thanks, Bryn. I understand and appreciate your concerns and contribution...

Holding on as best I can, and in fact being quite inspired, at least so far, by many of today's events...

"We have to remember...when it's surrender that's called for, it's not surrender of your brains. It's surrender of your ego. It's a different thing." --Bruce Cockburn
Ed Hannifin
Forum Full Member

Saturday, January 21 2017 @ 08:56 PM CST

Oh yeah. And by the way:

Largest protest ever in the United States.

Largest protest ever in Washington, D.C.

Largest protest ever in Chicago.

Largest protest ever in Los Angeles.

Largest protest ever in Portland...

First protest to occur on all seven continents...

Google it. Consult something beyond your own opinions. Try to avoid Breitbart. They lie.

mike_d
Forum Full Member

Saturday, January 21 2017 @ 09:30 PM CST

And that's why I ran off to Thailand.. No not really, but I am currently in Thailand working and missed the events. My daughter participated in the demonstrations in Chicago. She has been sending me pics/videos and brief updates.

If I can't fix it, it ain't broke Smiley
particledots
Forum Full Member

Saturday, January 21 2017 @ 09:31 PM CST

Quote by: Ed Hannifin

Hold tight

Holding on as best I can, and in fact being quite inspired, at least so far, by many of today's events...

Today WAS very inspiring and gave a sense of hope, unlike the bannon authored dystopian horror speech that the puppet mouthed yesterday

Ed Hannifin
Forum Full Member

Saturday, January 21 2017 @ 09:37 PM CST

Quote by: Ed Hannifin

Hold tight

Today WAS very inspiring and gave a sense of hope, unlike the bannon authored dystopian horror speech that the puppet mouthed yesterday

Yeah...that was a bit of cheap and poorly written scifi, wasn't it?

I'm trying to bring my attention back to today's events, and the inspiration bit... and the hope...