Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
Daugrin
Forum Full Member

Re:Brace for Impact
Saturday, January 21 2017 @ 10:24 PM CST

Quote by: Ed Hannifin
Oh yeah. And by the way:

Largest protest ever in the United States.

Largest protest ever in Washington, D.C.

Largest protest ever in Chicago.

Largest protest ever in Los Angeles.

Largest protest ever in Portland...

First protest to occur on all seven continents...

Google it. Consult something beyond your own opinions. Try to avoid Breitbart. They lie.

Thanks for yer help Mr. Ed. Those other folks didn't help, but you came to the rescue with the daily talking points. All those protests in all those wonderful places, you say that's not reported on Breitbart? And that they lie at Breitbart anyway. What is Breitbart? CNN without being called out by Nancy Sinatra?

Where were there no protests my friend? So by taking yer advise, and asking a search engine, like Google, and reading about protests, the real impact of what is happening can be felt. (Sigh.) Delusion.

Sir, whether ya insult me or not, the idea protests against Trump are impacts, whether they are real, or astro turf is silly. Yer talking about political theatre, for the consumption of the true believer's, nothing more.

Perhaps more telling, Pelosi suggests she will model her religious faith for the people in flyover, to correct the unfortunate attitude of those Deplorable people. I would suggest that single comment by Pelosi is more telling than any protest reported anywhere and in the end will have far more impact.

I stopped watching television in '77, when I noticed it was watching me. That is my advise to you Sir.

People should avoid media outlets that lie! That sounds like sage advise Sir. Which MSM outlet would you recommend? Which MSM outlet does not lie, or a better question for you, which media outlet is not agenda driven? Which one is not owned by major corporations?
Which MSM outlet has demonstrated unwavering truth telling? I can answer that one before you can Google. None. Turn them off. There is no left or right. There is only above and below. Google that one my friend.

Enjoy yer theatre. Maybe you could Google how many people have been killed or injured? Google how much property has been destroyed? Violent protest against Trump? Or pap for the too suddenly disenfranchised true believers? Maybe a MSNBC poll will help, I bet you could Google that too. Have fun Ed. Keep hating...

Daug
chikoppi
Forum Full Member

Sunday, January 22 2017 @ 12:11 AM CST

OK. So a global demonstration against the perceived misogynistic attitudes of a world leader doesn't count as an 'impact.' (3 million people is neither 'astroturf' nor 'political theater.')

Maybe we could define in advance what does count as an impact, to avoid a moving of the goalposts later? I am concerned about the following.

Erosion of rights and protections for women and minorities.
Legalized discrimination based on ethnicity, nationality, or religion.
Less access to and affordability of healthcare for the elderly and poor.
Restrictions on women's healthcare.
Defunding of social programs like school lunches and Medicaid.
Defunding of education and the arts.
Defunding and censorship of national science programs.
Restrictions on a free press or on free speech.
Weakening of oversight and restrictions on financial markets and Wall Street.
Deregulation that leads to corporate abuse and monopolies.
Abandonment of environmental protections.
Erosion of workers rights.
Dissolution of international defense treaties.
Increased defense spending.
Another godamn costly and pointless war.
Protectionist trade policies.
Tax policies that exacerbate wealth inequality.
Rampant cronyism and corruption in government.
Supreme Court Justice Ivanka Trump.

To name a few.

Now, maybe none of this will happen. But if it does, I reserve the right to condemn it and call it consequential.

“Ya, that idea is dildos.” Skwisgaar Skwigelf
GET SONG FEEDBACK --> MacJams Critics Circles
Ed Hannifin
Forum Full Member

Sunday, January 22 2017 @ 08:33 AM CST

Hey Daugrin,

Thanks loads for 'coming to the rescue' by responding to Bryn's post with the truth that only you apparently can provide.

Yeah, you're the guy that did that, and did it first, and apparently when YOU decide to do it, it's all right, and in fact necessary to keep the rest of us enlightened. What a generous spirit...

And apparently, whatever you choose to spout, based on nothing at all that's backed up or verified, well, that's okay, 'cause it's you.

You've been insulting or talking down to people on this site for years, and are doing it now, but apparently that's okay, because, um, oh yeah...it's you and you just get to do that...

Whatever 'source' you decide is a good one IS a good one. You can pronounce whatever happens in the world to be 'political theater' when you don't like it. You can decide that something possibly said by one person or done by a dozen people somewhere is more significant that what millions have done peaceably. Because you and only you KNOW: you know not only what is true but what the true significance of it all is...You're hip to the True Knowledge and are kind enough to clue the rest of us in...

I get it. You make up opinions and they immediately become true because they're yours. You back up nothing. You prove nothing. You reason nothing. You're perpetually 'anti'. And if someone dares to speak against whatever you propound, they get an admonition to "keep hating". That's rich, coming from you. Hypocritical, and rich.

For me, this is not about an exchange of facts or views, since you have provided almost none. It's about speaking back to your rudeness and discourtesy...

"We have to remember...when it's surrender that's called for, it's not surrender of your brains. It's surrender of your ego. It's a different thing." --Bruce Cockburn
particledots
Forum Full Member

Sunday, January 22 2017 @ 10:38 AM CST

Quote by: Daugrin

Day one. Nothing unusual happened. Maybe you could relax a little? In deference to your stern, heart felt warning, please keep all informed if ya feel something hit.

Daug

alternative facts

http://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/video/conway-press-secretary-gave-alternative-facts-860142147643
Ed Hannifin
Forum Full Member

Sunday, January 22 2017 @ 10:50 AM CST

Quote by: particledots
alternative facts

http://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/video/conway-press-secretary-gave-alternative-facts-860142147643

Yeah. I just saw that... Actually put it into words...

"We have to remember...when it's surrender that's called for, it's not surrender of your brains. It's surrender of your ego. It's a different thing." --Bruce Cockburn
J.A.Stewart
Forum Full Member

Sunday, January 22 2017 @ 01:17 PM CST

Let's get musical...

MY LATEST: A demo version of my Work-In-Progress DAILY GRIND
magnatone
Forum Full Member

Sunday, January 22 2017 @ 01:24 PM CST

Quote by: J.A.Stewart

Let's get musical...

that's doggone good!

my most recent song: "First Light (solo piano)"
magnatone
Forum Full Member

Sunday, January 22 2017 @ 02:18 PM CST

Enjoy yer theatre. Maybe you could Google how many people have been killed or injured? Google how much property has been destroyed?

March in Seattle yesterday: estimates 175,000 to 200,000.
zero arrests.

my most recent song: "First Light (solo piano)"
Ed Hannifin
Forum Full Member

Sunday, January 22 2017 @ 02:51 PM CST

Quote by: magnatone

Enjoy yer theatre. Maybe you could Google how many people have been killed or injured? Google how much property has been destroyed?

March in Seattle yesterday: estimates 175,000 to 200,000.
zero arrests.

Zero arrests in Washington.

Zero arrests in Boston.

Dadai.2
Forum Full Member

Sunday, January 22 2017 @ 03:46 PM CST

On a lighter note...

After a few less than out loud funny cold openings, SNL serves up this effective comedic sketch. Humor goes hand in hand with liberty and freedom of speech...

Take a listen >>> Texas Tango