Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
einstien
Forum Chatty

Re:Brace for Impact
Monday, January 30 2017 @ 07:56 PM CST

Quote by: einstien

bud
Forum Full Member

Monday, January 30 2017 @ 10:16 PM CST

Here we go again. One group is struggling to find its legs, and the other to find its soul.

It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done.
particledots
Forum Full Member

Monday, January 30 2017 @ 10:23 PM CST

Quote by: Daugrin

Day one. Nothing unusual happened. Maybe you could relax a little? In deference to your stern, heart felt warning, please keep all informed if ya feel something hit.

Daug

https://theintercept.com/2017/01/30/suspect-in-quebec-mosque-attack-quickly-depicted-as-a-moroccan-muslim-hes-a-white-nationalist/
Ed Hannifin
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, January 31 2017 @ 08:03 AM CST

Quote by: bud
It's already worse than one might have imagined.
Families, students, teachers, legal Greencard holders locked out and detained at airports all over the US and abroad. A horrific abuse of power within a week.

Hard to argue with.

I'm stunned that people even try...

And this is neither the first nor the only thing. And this is actually happening, not imagined or looked forward to...

"We have to remember...when it's surrender that's called for, it's not surrender of your brains. It's surrender of your ego. It's a different thing." --Bruce Cockburn
particledots
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, January 31 2017 @ 01:42 PM CST

Quote by: Daugrin

Day one. Nothing unusual happened. Maybe you could relax a little? In deference to your stern, heart felt warning, please keep all informed if ya feel something hit.

Daug

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/jan/31/steve-bannon-most-dangerous-man-in-america?CMP=fb_gu
Dadai.2
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, January 31 2017 @ 04:11 PM CST

From one news source online. Pretty surprising given the vast majority of the media stories on this.

"Rasmussen finds that a clear majority of American voters support what Trump is doing:
"A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey finds that 57% of Likely U.S. Voters favor a temporary ban on refugees from Syria, Iraq, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and Yemen until the federal government approves its ability to screen out potential terrorists from coming here. Thirty-three percent (33%) are opposed, while 10% are undecided.
"That is nearly a two to one margin. Stunning.
"Similarly, 56% favor a temporary block on visas prohibiting residents of Syria, Iraq, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and Yemen from entering the United States until the government approves its ability to screen for likely terrorists. Thirty-two percent (32%) oppose this temporary ban, and 11% are undecided."

Take a listen >>> Texas Tango
awigze
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, January 31 2017 @ 05:17 PM CST

Where have I been? (my wife was injured a few weeks ago (1/17)so I have been her care-giver) I feel a kindred spirit to the name of this forum- I assume that it is intentional as I used the same title for when the proposed Affordable Care Act was going to be implemented and how much it was going to cost people in taxes and fines and other things. With that said, I am digging all the protests, bought and paid for by Soros and other well funded groups who have bus charter contracts and hire those funny ninja like young men to run around and and throw bricks thru windows and attack people;... and burn the limos of legal immigrants. Real American values on display here. But there are many with heart felt convictions- some invited and some uninvited... Most correct for everyone expressing an opinion here. We're all correct.(notice I didn't say right)
One thing for sure; we're in for a bumpy ride. Hang tight... and Love to all.

Music is the master link in the chain of the tribes of mankind! -SloParts
and so it goes...
magnatone
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, January 31 2017 @ 05:23 PM CST

Quote by: awigze
Where have I been? (my wife was injured a few weeks ago (1/17)so I have been her care-giver) I feel a kindred spirit to the name of this forum- I assume that it is intentional as I used the same title for when the proposed Affordable Care Act was going to be implemented and how much it was going to cost people in taxes and fines and other things. With that said, I am digging all the protests, bought and paid for by Soros and other well funded groups who have bus charter contracts and hire those funny ninja like young men to run around and and throw bricks thru windows and attack people;... and burn the limos of legal immigrants. Real American values on display here. But there are many with heart felt convictions- some invited and some uninvited... Most correct for everyone expressing an opinion here. We're all correct.(notice I didn't say right)
One thing for sure; we're in for a bumpy ride. Hang tight... and Love to all.

nobody paid me or anybody I know, to protest Andy

my most recent song: "First Light (solo piano)"
awigze
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, January 31 2017 @ 06:26 PM CST

[/QUOTE]

"nobody paid me or anybody I know, to protest Andy"[/QUOTE]

I did acknowledge that- the 'heart-felt conviction's line, I would say 99.89% out of the millions who showed were there with deeply held convictions. My point is, that as long as there are paid instigators and motivators, then many become manipulated by those who have a vision for the society they want to influence and have a ton of money to throw at it. To me, that lessens the credibility. But to be able to live in a country where protests are protected and a fabric of this country.... well, I think its great.

Music is the master link in the chain of the tribes of mankind! -SloParts
and so it goes...

J.A.Stewart
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, January 31 2017 @ 06:34 PM CST

Quote by: Dadai.2
From one news source online. Pretty surprising given the vast majority of the media stories on this.

"Rasmussen finds that a clear majority of American voters support what Trump is doing:
"A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey finds that 57% of Likely U.S. Voters favor a temporary ban on refugees from Syria, Iraq, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and Yemen until the federal government approves its ability to screen out potential terrorists from coming here. Thirty-three percent (33%) are opposed, while 10% are undecided.
"That is nearly a two to one margin. Stunning.
"Similarly, 56% favor a temporary block on visas prohibiting residents of Syria, Iraq, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and Yemen from entering the United States until the government approves its ability to screen for likely terrorists. Thirty-two percent (32%) oppose this temporary ban, and 11% are undecided."

The polls are rigged. Sad. #what'sgoodforthegoose Razz Wink

MY LATEST: A demo version of my Work-In-Progress DAILY GRIND