Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
ktb
Forum Full Member

Re:Brace for Impact
Monday, June 19 2017 @ 09:43 AM CDT

Quote by: MikeRobinson
The corruption that we have put up with for so very long is deeply entrenched and not at all used to being challenged.  

I got nothing, he managed to say after wiping up the tea that spewed out after reading. Seriously, I got nothing. god bless.
magnatone
Forum Full Member

Monday, June 19 2017 @ 10:26 AM CDT

Quote by: ktb
The corruption that we have put up with for so very long is deeply entrenched and not at all used to being challenged.  

I got nothing, he managed to say after wiping up the tea that spewed out after reading. Seriously, I got nothing. god bless.

right there with ya John

my most recent song: "First Light (solo piano)"
Ed Hannifin
Forum Full Member

Monday, June 19 2017 @ 07:57 PM CDT

Quote by: ktb

John, I already owed you at least a couple of drinks. Now it's up to three. Plainly I've gotta show up at one of your gigs...

Glad I saw this in the nighttime so it was water instead of tea for me...

"We have to remember...when it's surrender that's called for, it's not surrender of your brains. It's surrender of your ego. It's a different thing." --Bruce Cockburn "But the Buddha never asked us to be nonattached to the world. He just asked us to be
particledots
Forum Full Member

Monday, June 19 2017 @ 08:07 PM CDT

Quote by: Daugrin

Day one. Nothing unusual happened. Maybe you could relax a little? In deference to your stern, heart felt warning, please keep all informed if ya feel something hit.

Daug

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/energy-secretary-rick-perry-says-carbon-emissions-not-main-driver-climate-change/
particledots
Forum Full Member

Monday, June 19 2017 @ 08:14 PM CDT

Day one. Nothing unusual happened. Maybe you could relax a little? In deference to your stern, heart felt warning, please keep all informed if ya feel something hit.

Daug

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/features/wtf-is-going-on-with-the-secret-senate-version-of-trumpcare-w488612
MikeRobinson
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, June 20 2017 @ 10:36 AM CDT

Quote by: chikoppi
I'm not looking to argue anything, but I'm curious. What classes of people is it that you consider the "alligators" and what would "draining the swamp" look like? What sort of people would an administration staff with and nominate if they wanted to produce an an alligator-free swamp?

I ask because this administration has appointed an extraordinary number of former industry lobbyists and Goldman Sachs executives to positions of agency or regulatory authority.

I truly have no idea what his strategies are.   It appears that he wants people in regulatory positions who actually have some work-experience in those areas ... and/or who think like businesspeople do.   Mind you, I am not at all happy with a number of his picks and I see the potential for great mischief in it.
MikeRobinson
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, June 20 2017 @ 10:44 AM CDT

Quote by: particledots

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/features/wtf-is-going-on-with-the-secret-senate-version-of-trumpcare-w488612

Good ol’ Rolling Stone hits the nail squarely on the head once again.

“Back-room dealings” are what gave us a non-functional piece of legislation (the ACA) in the first place.   And, having learned nothing from the experience, the Congress is doing it again.   I think it very apropos that President Trump called these things, “mean.”

“You cannot provide health care for profit.”   But, “Senator HCA” (Frist) is still there, still influencing the Senate in favor of his family’s company which owns many of the expensive hospitals that are no longer treating sick people.   No one is looking at the only strategy that actually does work:   The American Health Service, which guarantees access to health care without a crushing financial burden.   No one is even looking at outlawing the concept of insurance “co-pays.”

To call it an “Obamacare Repeal Bill” is quite laughable.  (By the way, it doesn’t.)

The House version includes provisions to pay insurers billions of tax dollars ... called “premium support,” IIRC ... without regulating what the companies might do with it.   It is always interesting to browse the actual text of legislation – updated every single day by our sleepless Librarians of Congress – at “http://thomas.loc.gov.”
chikoppi
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, June 20 2017 @ 03:24 PM CDT

I truly have no idea what his strategies are.   It appears that he wants people in regulatory positions who actually have some work-experience in those areas ... and/or who think like businesspeople do.   Mind you, I am not at all happy with a number of his picks and I see the potential for great mischief in it.

I don't see it. The number of people he's hired or nominated with actual bona fides or salient records of accomplishment to oversee major federal organizations is alarming small to the point of vanishing. The pattern looks more like a mixture of blatant patronage and incompetence (he put his son's wedding planner in charge of the NY/NJ housing program, with a budget in the billions?!).

Both the ethics office and civil rights commission have decried the increasing lack of transparency and systematic dismantling of oversight capability.

I agree with you that the AHCA out of the house and the back-room peddling going on in the senate version of the health care bill is an embarrassment and a travesty. The question isn't how are people in need best served, but rather which special interests get to pilfer and how much.

“Ya, that idea is dildos.” Skwisgaar Skwigelf
GET SONG FEEDBACK --> MacJams Critics Circles
particledots
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, June 20 2017 @ 09:39 PM CDT

Daug

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/jun/20/donald-trump-silence-london-mosque-attack-speaks-volumes

Ed Hannifin
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, June 21 2017 @ 09:20 PM CDT

Quote by: chikoppi

I don't see it. The number of people he's hired or nominated with actual bona fides or salient records of accomplishment to oversee major federal organizations is alarming small to the point of vanishing. The pattern looks more like a mixture of blatant patronage and incompetence (he put his son's wedding planner in charge of the NY/NJ housing program, with a budget in the billions?!).

Both the ethics office and civil rights commission have decried the increasing lack of transparency and systematic dismantling of oversight capability.

Thanks again...

"We have to remember...when it's surrender that's called for, it's not surrender of your brains. It's surrender of your ego. It's a different thing." --Bruce Cockburn "But the Buddha never asked us to be nonattached to the world. He just asked us to be