Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
Philip18
Forum Full Member

Re:RIP Brian D
Wednesday, June 14 2017 @ 05:38 PM CDT

I still have some of his music dating from when it appeared on MJ. I didn't know him personally but greatly admired his music. He was an excellent musician.

Philip
BirdmanWayne94
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, June 14 2017 @ 06:25 PM CDT

Man... that's sad to hear. My condolences to his family. I distinctly remember his tunes and can attest to his excellent work, like many members already noted.

Thank you for keeping us updated, Roy.
J.A.Stewart
Forum Full Member

Thursday, June 15 2017 @ 02:02 PM CDT

Very sad, indeed. Brian was very talented at all aspects of his music-making craft. His love for and influence by The Beatles was often reflected in his own work and in the many covers he posted on youtube.

Someone reported he had chosen to keep his nearly year-and-a-half battle with pancreatic cancer private... a tough road to hoe.

My deepest condolences to his family and friends.

MY LATEST: A demo version of my Work-In-Progress DAILY GRIND
davisamerica
Forum Full Member

Thursday, June 15 2017 @ 05:44 PM CDT

Quote by: J.A.Stewart
Very sad, indeed. Brian was very talented at all aspects of his music-making craft. His love for and influence by The Beatles was often reflected in his own work and in the many covers he posted on youtube.

Someone reported he had chosen to keep his nearly year-and-a-half battle with pancreatic cancer private... a tough road to hoe.

My deepest condolences to his family and friends.

Just brilliant ...... this guy was amazing and just another reason MJ has been an oasis of magic.....

I have finally figured this out but now I have forgotten what to use it for.
rsolorio
Forum Full Member

Friday, June 16 2017 @ 03:54 PM CDT

I had the pleasure of working with Brian as a graphic artist. He was a trickster master. Always some work around and obscure photoshop trick. He worked at the Apple campus for a number of years before doing the freelance gig with our studio. When he left for personal reasons he was doing what he loved, travel to musical spots around the world and make music. He had a tremendous connection to the music he loved and the artists that made it. If you happened to ask him a question about them be prepared to have a long sit down.

What I never understood about him was his ability to nail the sound of the original covers he produced. A true gift. Jaw dropping productions I could only dream of creating. Just made me shake my head in disbelief but to that level of detail was how Brian made his music and doing a cover was as if he was a copyist of some ancient text with the charge to get every letter just right. He got it just right.

Here's his "Wild West Show" teaser on his YouTube channel. So nice

https://youtu.be/0BOsuFBNCfc

egobandit
Forum Full Member

Friday, June 16 2017 @ 08:35 PM CDT

My condolences to his family