Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
BigFinish
Forum Chatty

Re:The Last Hurrah
Friday, June 30 2017 @ 06:11 PM CDT

Quote by: chikoppi
Char, it's not entirely clear what you're asking people to do.

People who want to participate will _________, _________, and _________, and the end result will be ________ .

Well I know a bit about this process. The original was a bitch to mix (ask MarkH). One option is to treat it as a challenge.... establish a story line ... then post tracks as each member is inspired by original premise...... or not. The original group used every media available to communicate........ just saying.
DWL
Forum Full Member

Saturday, July 01 2017 @ 11:20 AM CDT

I'm in although I don't know what I can offer!

Hanging in with the out crowd (All rights reserved)
Char
Forum Full Member

Sunday, July 02 2017 @ 07:52 AM CDT

Quote by: chikoppi
Char, it's not entirely clear what you're asking people to do.

People who want to participate will _________, _________, and _________, and the end result will be ________ .

Sorry. At first, I just want to see if anyone wants to try.

Then, those that want to do something have to agree on a story line.

Then, if anyone has a song that will fit that story line, that person
offers the song.

Then, we need volunteers to do that mixing stuff that many, including myself, don't know how to do.

I can see it being as small as four tracks to as large as Big Finish was.

In the end, a great idea that was brought to reality by Davisamerica, once...could be revisited again. A last hurrah by the group that are getting old and tired and need a pick me up.

Chikoppi, it seemed like a good idea at the time. I apologize if I wasn't clear. Some things never make it past the idea stage. If I were a musician and had the skills it takes, I'd work my considerable ass off making it happen.

I thought that a few someones would enjoy the challenge and so, I suggested it.

What anyone could offer is their singing, their playing, their finished songs or some new music that would carry a story line...yet to be determined. (This, in answer to Dick) He was , among other things, an angel.. in Big Finish.

Maybe, lightning can't strike twice. But, one guy I heard of...well. he got hit 15 times.

And, so it goes.

Oh..I haven't clue one as to why there were so many copies of my last post. I hit the button only once. The computer froze and I signed off. Weird must be my middle name. Honestly, it was not intentional.
If that offended anyone, I am very sorry.

If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun. Katharine Hepburn
Char
Forum Full Member

Sunday, July 02 2017 @ 08:25 AM CDT

I can write and sing a little. If kazoo is required, I'm your girl. Still learning the tambourine.

chikoppi
Forum Full Member

Sunday, July 02 2017 @ 09:29 AM CDT

Now I get it...that seems like a really fun idea!

I'd love to jump in, but I'm stretched pretty thin at the moment and still owe some work to other people as it is. That said, if you think I might lend anything to the effort I'll do my best to pony-up.

“Ya, that idea is dildos.” Skwisgaar Skwigelf
GET SONG FEEDBACK --> MacJams Critics Circles
Char
Forum Full Member

Monday, July 03 2017 @ 04:57 PM CDT

We have time.
We just need the story.
So, anyone at all...post your ideas in this thread, please.

I'll tell you which ones I like. aOthers, anyone, can chime in.
Then, we make music
I sure hope we can do it, once more.

Rik had some good ideas. Rik made our animated movies, remember?
Watch Mac Jams City on YouTube.

" Mayor Alimar had a secret group of musical adventurers wandering the landscape searching for those who were pirating Macjammers music for evil intent. One such team was Ledebutant and Michael Jay Klein in pursuit of the pirate Captain Greenbeard and his Menacing Horde. " idea by Rik...mr. mordenus

Smile Smile Smile

Char
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, July 04 2017 @ 07:09 PM CDT

I'm guessing we don't need to meddle with politics. But, there is plenty of human interest happening now. More ideas?

Char
Forum Full Member

Friday, July 07 2017 @ 05:52 AM CDT

Well, I don't see a lot of interest. I thank those that replied.
I thought about a kind of memory lane. As many as would like could recount how they found macjams and what songs they heard that convinced them to join and how they posted a first song. Now, joining and posting are a process from the dark ages. And, that is a real shame.
My first three listens were to Branchgraft, Bob Dorsey and Dick Langford. Great songs.
Tally ho.

mr_mordenus
Forum Full Member

Saturday, July 08 2017 @ 11:50 PM CDT

I don't actually remember how I found MacJams; I read something about it online and dropped in for a visit... and I liked the vibe of the place. I was ridiculously shy at first... but the encouragement and positive energy pulled me right into the groove. I was terrified to post my first LIOLI... and seven rounds later I was hosting one. I started singing! What a head-shaker... MJ was a powerful influence in putting my creative feet firmly back on the ground and reminding me that I was not intruding on a group of artists - I belonged among them. The MJ City toons were just a small gift back to the community to say 'thanks for all you've done for me as an artist. Let me give something creative back to you all.'

I can't remember who my first listens to were... Vic Holman? (Hail The Machine!) Bud? SmokeyVW? Drakonis? Echoroom? There was so much that was so good.

I wonder if Dr. Lioli were to see MJ today, would he feel pleasure at seeing it such a shadow of its once-vibrant self... or grumble that MJ is still determined to keep the pulse alive regardless. Hard to say, isn't it?

mr_mordenus
Forum Full Member

Saturday, July 08 2017 @ 11:53 PM CDT

And I just noticed that my 10 year marker went past without notice or comment from anyone including me. Never even thought about it.