Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
SmokeyVW
Forum Full Member

Re:flat earth
Sunday, August 06 2017 @ 06:43 PM CDT

Daugrin
Forum Full Member

Sunday, August 06 2017 @ 08:00 PM CDT

Globeheads -vs-Flatheads? People who can believe what authority reports-vs-folks who test reality for themselves? Shall we make another level of abstraction, or can you do that yourself? Why would this conflict be chosen for your amusement?

William Casey director of the CIA, as early as 1975, told the American people in an open session of Congress that his agency had people in it's employ that contributed to stories published in the AP and UPI, major newspapers and magazines. You think the CIA might be active on the internet today?

In 1981, Director Casey famously suggested his offices disinformation program would be successful once it could be demonstrated that everything most Americans believed was factually wrong. Could we be there now?

But that stuff is not nearly as funny as ships that don't disappear over the horizon like Bill Nye suggests on his TV special, or airplanes that famously fly ground tracks from the Orient to LA via Alaskan airspace... oh my, cognitive dissonance again.

The flat earth thing functions as a distraction, as a tool to demonstrate there is no reason to question authority, but you all knew that right? Your all so hip Smile

Daug

VicDiesel
Forum Full Member

Monday, August 07 2017 @ 05:26 AM CDT

Quote by: Daugrin
People who can believe what authority reports-vs-folks who test reality for themselves?

As usual you speak in riddles. I kinda think that by "folks who test reality for themselves" you mean the flat earthers. As in: those folks who have no idea what the south pole looks like (ice wall?) and are not finding out either because it would destroy their story.

The whole flat earth story is so easy to disprove: what is the distance from one tip to another of Australia? You can easily measure how many degrees longitude it is, so if the earth was flat it would be so many kilometers. And according to every airline that flies there it's way less. Ergo: the earth is not flat. No ships on the horizon needed. Reality tested: the earth is round. Or at least not flat.

Victor.

-- My CD.
Calchas
Forum Full Member

Thursday, August 10 2017 @ 11:08 AM CDT

So much fun watching folks who believe in a flat universe poke fun at other folk who believe in a flat earth.

The irony is mind-boggling!

The MJ FORUMS: Refuge for folks who need to feel righteous at the expense of others. It just never ends...
magnatone
Forum Full Member

Thursday, August 10 2017 @ 11:32 AM CDT

Quote by: Calchas

The MJ FORUMS: Refuge for folks who need to feel righteous at the expense of others. It just never ends...

"feeling righteous at the expense of others" .....

my most recent song: "First Light (solo piano)"
particledots
Forum Full Member

Thursday, August 10 2017 @ 02:52 PM CDT

Quote by: magnatone

"feeling righteous at the expense of others" .....

hehe
Ed Hannifin
Forum Full Member

Thursday, August 10 2017 @ 03:34 PM CDT

Not as long as YOU keep doing it.

Once again you are judging others, and once again you are judging others for doing what you yourself are actually doing.

"We have to remember...when it's surrender that's called for, it's not surrender of your brains. It's surrender of your ego. It's a different thing." --Bruce Cockburn "But the Buddha never asked us to be nonattached to the world. He just asked us to be
bud
Forum Full Member

Thursday, August 10 2017 @ 05:11 PM CDT

It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done.
VicDiesel
Forum Full Member

Friday, August 11 2017 @ 02:25 AM CDT

Quote by: Ed Hannifin

Once again you are judging others, and once again you are judging others for doing what you yourself are actually doing.

We already know that parts of the spectrum suffer from irony-deficiency syndrome.

Victor.

-- My CD.

VicDiesel
Forum Full Member

Friday, August 11 2017 @ 02:28 AM CDT

So much fun watching folks who believe in a flat universe

Not sure that I'm following. What indication is there that the universe is not flat?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shape_of_the_universe#Curvature_of_the_universe

Victor.

-- My CD.