Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
SmokeyVW
Forum Full Member

Aphex Driver Problem
Friday, September 28 2018 @ 03:32 PM CDT

pretty sure there is a problem with the nut that holds the steering wheel
MikeRobinson
Forum Full Member

Re:A 9/11 Tribute
Friday, October 05 2018 @ 07:37 PM CDT

Yes – and, thank God, the story isn’t over.   Nearly twenty years later, more than 2,500 actual plaintiffs and their survivors, victims of capital Federal felonies whose only reason for now being dead was to go to work that day or to board a particular airplane, will get their day in court.   This will be caused, not by the Executive branch (which appears not the slightest bit interested in pursuing the matter further), but by Due Process of Law.   Let this Process now begin, and may it take us (or, choose not to take us) where it will.
magnatone
Forum Full Member

Sunday, October 07 2018 @ 02:08 PM CDT

erg

my most recent song: "First Light (solo piano)"
MikeRobinson
Forum Full Member

Thursday, October 11 2018 @ 07:50 PM CDT

I suppose that I simply retain more trust in the legal system – versus an “official explanation™” that seemed much too quick to want to slam-shut the books.   Whether my loved-one who-got-vaporized was a janitor or a firefighter or the keeper of the office coffee-machine, yeah, my Federal criminal case ... along with several thousand others in at least three States ... is not yet closed.
Skean
Forum Full Member

Friday, October 12 2018 @ 04:32 AM CDT

Quote by: MikeRobinson
I suppose that I simply retain more trust in the legal system – versus an “official explanation™” that seemed much too quick to want to slam-shut the books.   Whether my loved-one who-got-vaporized was a janitor or a firefighter or the keeper of the office coffee-machine, yeah, my Federal criminal case ... along with several thousand others in at least three States ... is not yet closed.

Will we ever find out the truth?

I Almost Always Try to Think Positive Thoughts.
MikeRobinson
Forum Full Member

Friday, October 12 2018 @ 02:30 PM CDT

“Call me the ‘forever optimist,’ Skean, or just the forever fool,” but today more and more I think that we will.   It might take another decade to have finally been accomplished, but there is no statute of limitations concerning capital murder.   Yes, I sincerely believe that there is a growing determination to truly get to the bottom of this, and to bring to justice the felons responsible.   Wherever in the world they might be, and of course if they still be alive.

I think that this is extremely important for all of us, because what makes me most afraid, even over-and-above the events themselves, is the incomprehensible official response to them.   It painted a picture of (IMHO™) “who is actually responsible, and what are such people actually capable of doing, and how well-connected must they be,” to a new and utterly horrifying-to-me level:   “OMG ... OMG ... O-M-G!!”

You never could have convinced me that anything such as this was even remotely possible – until it happened.

... and then ... and then ... I watched officials throughout my own Government, spouting nonsense, with very-apparent purpose.

“No, no, this isn’t possible.   Tell me this isn’t possible in the United States of America.”

There was no further possible military point in even involving Building-7, since this completely differently-designed building obviously had not been affected by airplanes.   There was no advantage to involving it at all – hadn’t they already done enough?   Yet, this building also fell into its own footprint ...

It is purely my own opinion that this happened specifically, to prove a point.   The perpetrators intended to leave behind a smoking gun, knowing that it would not be understood at that time, but that it would become unavoidable in the future, and that this would in turn lead to the truth of the greater story.   They intended for journalists to describe this building’s collapse when it was plainly visible, still standing, in the background of their videos.  They filled the news with “advance warnings” which subsequently came true, when both of the events of the preceding hours had been “a complete surprise.”   In fact, they left no stone unturned in their determination to leave behind no doubt at all as to what had actually happened in all three cases.   Do not ask me why.   I cannot probe the depths of the criminal mind.

But this thing I know:   “this was a crime.

Unarguably, this was also the first example of an act of 21st-Century War.   In it I see a complete re-definition of what “War in the 21st-Century” actually is, and that our entire present concept of “military defense” (grounded in the precepts of the 17th century) was utterly useless against it ... no matter how many trillions of dollars we today spend in pursuit of them.

These mass-murderers also understand mass-psychology very well.   They know that, the more horrific the act, the more determined people are to avail themselves of the first explanation that is offered, and to “try to put the matter behind them.”   Still, there are millions who think differently.

Perhaps one day the 16th-century notion of justice, and how to seek it, will finally bear fruit.   Or perhaps all of us are just “forever fools,” and these people will actually get away with capital murders by virtue of having committed thousands of them at the same time.
mr_mordenus
Forum Full Member

Re:Aphex Driver Problem
Thursday, October 18 2018 @ 07:43 AM CDT

I was always mystified by a Claudja Barry album's liner note that stated "this album was recorded using the Aphex Aural Exciter".

As a teenager I couldn't help thinking there was something distinctly erotic going on in the process. Then again, my girlfriend Karen wore a burgundy leather coat with a big fur collar, it was 1978, my Pontiac Astre had bright orange seat covers and 'Aphex Aural Exciter' were words that had seriously hypnotizing, mesmerizing elements to them in 1978.

Karen was my girlfriend for 48 hours. I don't know what happened. My Astre broke down repeatedly. I never knew why. I still don't know exactly what an Aphex Aural Exciter is, although the internet can bring me all the information one could want regarding whatever it is and whatever it does, but I still don't actually know.

But I can close my eyes, think about burgundy leather coats with big furry collars and say "Aphex Aural Exciter" slowly, over and over, and the world becomes a vivid, technicolor smile with magic bits glittering like atomic rainbows in a land of boogie oogie boogie woogie dancin' shoes.

J.A.Stewart
Forum Full Member

Saturday, October 20 2018 @ 12:02 PM CDT

Quote by: mr_mordenus
... I still don't know exactly what an Aphex Aural Exciter is, although the internet can bring me all the information one could want regarding whatever it is and whatever it does, but I still don't actually know...

I must confess, Rik, I succumbed to the seductive come-on of the Aural Exciter, perhaps enticed by the suggestive homonymic promise of providing my flaccid mixes with a hard-edged presence.

My unit was a later consumer iteration of the Exciter, one which included a BIG-BOTTOM circuit which promised to add a pounding, throbbing bass element to my tracks, as well.

Alas, although I experimented with the unit, I was never convinced that I could actually experience any substantial improvements in my sonic performances. But Boy! did I smoke a lot of cigarettes after those sessions. Wink

MY LATEST: A demo version of my Work-In-Progress DAILY GRIND
mr_mordenus
Forum Full Member

Saturday, October 20 2018 @ 05:23 PM CDT

Quote by: J.A.Stewart
Quote by: mr_mordenus
... I still don't know exactly what an Aphex Aural Exciter is...

But Boy! did I smoke a lot of cigarettes after those sessions. Wink

Deep breath. Deep breath. I'm going to go have a nice cool shower and think of England.

chikoppi
Forum Full Member

Saturday, October 20 2018 @ 05:37 PM CDT

“Ya, that idea is dildos.” Skwisgaar Skwigelf
GET SONG FEEDBACK --> MacJams Critics Circles