Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
Monkaton
Forum Full Member

Mp3 Only?
Thursday, May 16 2019 @ 11:06 AM CDT

Having trouble posting a song. MacJams wants it in mp3 format, but when I download to mp3 MacJam is not accepting.

I am using an iMac with High Sierra 10.13.6. I changed the import setting to mp3, but MacJam will not accept.

I'm using Garageband 10.3

Any suggestions?

Search, listen and buy "The Return of the Well-Known Trout" on iTunes, and and "The State of the Onion" on iTunes, Amazon mp3, CD Baby, Digstation and many more. You'll be Glad You Did!!!
Dadai.2
Forum Full Member

Re:Mp3 Only?
Thursday, May 16 2019 @ 11:38 AM CDT

One possibility. I've found the MacJams player to be funky when it comes to not just uploading the song in mp3 format but also that of all tracks recorded within the song.

Were any of the tracks of the song recorded in or accidently converted to a format (e.g. AAC) other than Mp3 or Aiff? If so then you need to convert those specific tracks to mp3 or Aiff, then mix entire song to an mp3. This has worked for me in the past.

good luck
MikeRobinson
Forum Full Member

Thursday, May 16 2019 @ 03:11 PM CDT

Hmm... technically speaking, that seems rather incongruous to me ...   At the end of the day, isn’t there only one file?

I think that I'd start by right-clicking on the finished sound file and using Get Info.   How does your Macintosh describe the content of the file?

Beyond that – (Simon, are you listening and browsing the server error-logs?)exactly what error-message did the web site deliver to you? (Can you upload the file to any other parking-place, and give us a link to it, so that we can have a look-see?)
drakonis
Forum Full Member

Thursday, May 16 2019 @ 09:35 PM CDT

This rings a distant (8 year old) bell... I remember getting that error once when I forgot to fill out some OTHER unrelated field on the upload form, and it had nothing to do with the file format... it was something like the song artwork was wrong or something. Song artwork can be no bigger than 300 x 300 px if I remember. MP3 has to be 128kb to about 192kb encoding, higher quality than that might cause fits too.

Hope some of these ideas help!
Ttfn,
Drak at large
bronco
Forum Full Member

Monday, May 20 2019 @ 05:21 AM CDT

I've always recorded in GB in ACC. Then shared with iTunes and after copied there, used iTunes to convert the ACC to Mp3.
bronco
Forum Full Member

Monday, May 20 2019 @ 05:22 AM CDT

I've always recorded in GB in ACC. Then shared with iTunes and after copied there, used iTunes to convert the ACC to Mp3.

XMaramena
Forum Full Member

Saturday, June 01 2019 @ 07:53 PM CDT

Quote by: drakonis
This rings a distant (8 year old) bell... I remember getting that error once when I forgot to fill out some OTHER unrelated field on the upload form, and it had nothing to do with the file format... it was something like the song artwork was wrong or something. Song artwork can be no bigger than 300 x 300 px if I remember. MP3 has to be 128kb to about 192kb encoding, higher quality than that might cause fits too.

Hope some of these ideas help!
Ttfn,
Drak at large

I get an error if my artwork is 300x300. If I make it 299x299 or under, it doesn’t display. The only way to upload a song, and have the artwork display, is if I make it 301x301 or marginally larger, and then it seems to go through MacJams’s resizing process, lets the MP3 through along with it, and all is well.

Other things to check is sample rate. I believe MP3 can be both 48k and 44.1k. Make sure it’s 44.1k. I always upload my MP3 files as 320kbps 44.1k format. Also, make sure that the actual file name ends with the .mp3 extension.

I always think MacJams is like an old trusty washing machine. After a while, you just know where to whack it to get it started. It’s ineffable.