Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
Calchas
Forum Full Member

RE Downloads
Wednesday, June 12 2019 @ 09:15 AM CDT

Most of what I post here is not quite finished as most of you know. Lately there have been so many downloads. I really don't want unfinished materials spread around the world!

Henceforth the download function will be turned off. Anyone wanting a copy of a particular tune can send me a request and I'll forward them a copy of the tune when it is finished (or at least corrected).

Sorry if this causes any inconvenience...

“Thou hast made us for thyself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in thee.” (St. Augustine)
Daugrin
Forum Full Member

Re:RE Downloads
Wednesday, June 12 2019 @ 10:34 AM CDT

Mike, downloads include those listening on mobile devices.
If you disable downloads people who want to listen on a mobile device who do not use Puffin or something like it will not be able to access your work due to the OS limits on Flash Player.
Lots of listeners on Apple mobile phones apparently...

Daug
Calchas
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, June 12 2019 @ 11:11 AM CDT

Quote by: Daugrin
Mike, downloads include those listening on mobile devices.
If you disable downloads people who want to listen on a mobile device who do not use Puffin or something like it will not be able to access your work due to the OS limits on Flash Player.
Lots of listeners on Apple mobile phones apparently...

Daug

Understood... But I've become increasingly uncomfortable with folk downloading very imperfect and/or unfinished tracks. Often I post thinking I'm done, then after reading comments I realize that I have more work to do.

I can't do anything about folks listening on devices (and I really don't mind THAT so much...). And I DO want folks to have access to downloads of finished material... at least till I put together an official CD.

I've removed my back catalog for this reason. A few of the more recent tunes will be posted again at some point in a more corrected and polished form.

So again, if someone wants a MP3 of a finished tune, they should send me a note.

“Thou hast made us for thyself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in thee.” (St. Augustine)

SmokeyVW
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, June 12 2019 @ 06:57 PM CDT

i can no longer play songs on macjams with the player.

download is the only way i can listen to tunes.

please reconsider!