Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
Ed Hannifin
Forum Full Member

Gibson
Saturday, February 17 2018 @ 05:02 PM CST

Gibson under Juskiewicz has been a joke, a company with neither vision nor focus nor, in my view, any sort of moral compass...

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/music-business/article/20992105/gibson-running-out-of-time-rapidly

"We have to remember...when it's surrender that's called for, it's not surrender of your brains. It's surrender of your ego. It's a different thing." --Bruce Cockburn
Dadai.2
Forum Full Member

Re:Gibson
Saturday, February 17 2018 @ 08:04 PM CST

Thanks, Ed. Sad that the company that gave us the Les Paul is dissipating itself away...
J.A.Stewart
Forum Full Member

Sunday, February 18 2018 @ 09:27 AM CST

While my Gold Top Gently Weeps.

MY LATEST: A demo version of my Work-In-Progress DAILY GRIND
KCsGROOVE
Forum Regular Poster

Wednesday, February 28 2018 @ 09:06 AM CST

that's when you get when making profit is more important than making quality guitars. such a waste!
KC

every note counts
particledots
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, February 28 2018 @ 12:22 PM CST

Quote by: Ed Hannifin
Gibson under Juskiewicz has been a joke, a company with neither vision nor focus nor, in my view, any sort of moral compass...

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/music-business/article/20992105/gibson-running-out-of-time-rapidly

a bit like america under trump?
Daugrin
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, February 28 2018 @ 02:35 PM CST

Quote by: particledots

a bit like america under trump?

Shocking, and impactful as any real comment! It is the Obama administration that declared war on Gibson and attempted to put them out of business. Which might have been okay, the company has an aweful history of predatory practices. Their favorite strategy appears to have been to buy the competition and then destroy them from within. Subversion! Oh, they tried to corner the world markets on ebony and tone woods too...

Daug
Daugrin
Forum Full Member

Thursday, March 01 2018 @ 01:06 PM CST

Need some help? Here's most of the short term issues facing Gibson discussed by industry guys. The history of the company is not discussed in detail.

The issues concerning the patent approved court cases against their competitors is extremely important. Whoever emerges from the current struggle for the company, it is the legal ownership of these patents that drive the process.

A '58 0r '59 Les Paul has great value. These are the grail instruments. The Gibson custom shop does an excellent job reproducing them, but consider that there are independent craftsmen who can build the instruments at a better price. In the past independents could not access the ebony and tonewoods needed. The Gibson company no longer controls these premier materials.

Daug
chikoppi
Forum Full Member

Thursday, March 01 2018 @ 02:14 PM CST

I just like add that Rick Beato's YouTube channel is fantastic.

In addition to musician interviews he does track-by-track breakdowns of popular songs from a producer's viewpoint as well as very clear tutorials on a wide range of music theory and composition topics.

He also live streams free-wheeling Q&A sessions on a fairly regular basis.

“Ya, that idea is dildos.” Skwisgaar Skwigelf
GET SONG FEEDBACK --> MacJams Critics Circles
Ed Hannifin
Forum Full Member

Thursday, March 01 2018 @ 04:50 PM CST

Seriously, why do I even bother?

"We have to remember...when it's surrender that's called for, it's not surrender of your brains. It's surrender of your ego. It's a different thing." --Bruce Cockburn

Daugrin
Forum Full Member

Thursday, March 01 2018 @ 10:23 PM CST

Seriously, why do I even bother?

Sir, it's to how you feel. The complaint against Gibson is on moral grounds, and is a virtue signal. White guys are not allowed to virtue signal in pc society, just so you know. The vs is not a method proven useful to problem solving.

Gibson's CEO claims the company did not violate existing laws. He may be wrong, we don't know yet. This is about more than perceived exploitation. Bother all you wish, count on my support, whether Gibson is guilty or not, but actually to hate Gibson, or anyone or thing, is a waste of time and energy.

Daug