Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
VicDiesel
Forum Full Member

Re:Song hits vs. song plays?
Wednesday, May 09 2018 @ 04:36 PM CDT

Quote by: MikeRobinson
(And if anybody today tries to give it “a face-lift,” I shall beat them most severely with a wet noodle.)

I wouldn't mind someone fixing that bug that leads to the weird look of this thread. I think it happens when you have more quote close than quote open.

Victor.

-- My CD.
SmokeyVW
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, May 09 2018 @ 05:24 PM CDT

Quote by: VicDiesel
Quote by: MikeRobinson

I wouldn't mind someone fixing that bug that leads to the weird look of this thread. I think it happens when you have more quote close than quote open.

Victor.

yeah
Warren Smith
Forum Full Member

Sunday, May 13 2018 @ 12:56 PM CDT

Quote by: VicDiesel

I wouldn't mind someone fixing that bug ...

Victor.

Learning to live with the bugs on the MacJams site has become an inherent part of the experience. Once there was a Golden Age that keeps receding further into the murky past : )
MikeRobinson
Forum Full Member

Monday, May 14 2018 @ 09:19 AM CDT

Still, it beats the hell out of SoundCloud ... Here, the songs are usually good, and people aren't trying to huckster "albums" that consist of their four-year-old tooting a kazoo.   (Yes, such a thing exists.   No, I won’t trouble you with a link to it ...)
Damroze
Forum Regular Poster

Wednesday, May 23 2018 @ 05:43 PM CDT

I still post here when I get the urge to record something. It's a convenient place to have a link to share with friends , FB etc. There also seem to be a handful of people here who get something out of my stuff.
Some of the stuff I posted 10 years ago has even racked up 40-50 downloads.
It tickles me to imagine that someone , somewhere was listening to ' Clock Execution Dream' at 2:00 in the morning.
Don't do a whole lot of commenting because I'm not real comfortable, or qualified in the critic roll. Also, music is very diverse. One person's aria is another persons dentist drill.
And so on.
I stay out of the forums because they too often degenerate into a toxic swamp of political bile.

MikeRobinson
Forum Full Member

Monday, May 28 2018 @ 11:19 AM CDT

I miss the random song-picker because MJ has a vast catalog of good stuff and the random picker on the front page was a primary way that I stumbled-upon it.   I amassed a big playlist – much bigger than the one in my profile – but then the picker vanished.