Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
jgurner
Forum Full Member

Woodstock 50th Challenge? Anyone?
Wednesday, July 03 2019 @ 09:58 AM CDT

This year marks the 11th anniversary of MacJams celebrating the 39th anniversary of Woodstock.

Actually, that was back in March sometimes so right right now it's the four-month anniversary of the 11-year anniversary of the 39th anniversary of Woodstock.

Well, anyway, the 50th anniversary of the real thing is coming up in August (which will be the five-month anniversary of the 11-year anniversary of the 39th anniversary of Woodstock) so I thought maybe, just maybe we might scrape up enough people to put together our own Summer of Peace and Music - or at least a few weeks of peace and music which, as it so happens, will actually be during the Summer. At least for those of us in the Northern hemisphere. You guys down under will just have to wing it. Winter of Peace and Music just doesn't sound right.

No real rules. Just imagine yourself transported back to 1969 and you get asked to take the stage.

If there are any takers, just chime in below. Post your song any time during August, but maybe aim for the 15th - 18th, which is the actual anniversary, then post a link in the comments.

Here is the link to the page set-up for the previous MJ Woodstock. It would be cool if it could be revived for this time around, if anything comes of it.

And Here is a link to the original forum about the challenge.

So. Is anyone interested? Sumer of Peace, Love and Music?

Anyone?

Hello...?
Warren Smith
Forum Full Member

Re:Woodstock 50th Challenge? Anyone?
Thursday, July 04 2019 @ 03:35 PM CDT

I'd like to participate, but my guitars are temporarily locked up in storage while I'm traveling, which is keeping me from recording new songs. Oddly enough, I spent a month in Woodstock (most of June), so I would be well-positioned to be a part of this revival.
bronco
Forum Full Member

Sunday, July 07 2019 @ 01:22 PM CDT

Hard to remember what 1969 was like. All the changes were just beginning to hit Louisiana. LSU had one long hair in 1968 and maybe a couple of hundred in 1969 and we caught up with the rest of the country in 1970 -71. We did have our own rock concert in Baton Rouge in the summer of 1969. I stood next to the stage 20 feet away from Janis Joplin conducting her band with a whiskey bottle in her hand. Some other acts I remember were Santana, The Youngbloods with Jesse Colin Young, It's A Beautiful Day, Country Joe and the Fish, The Byrds, Canned Heat, Iron Butterfly, Chicago, T-Rex and I think the Greatful Dead.

It was actually called the New Orleans Pop Festival but it was held 65 miles from New Orleans and 15 miles from Baton Rouge. Sure I will enter the festival if it gets going.
jgurner
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, July 31 2019 @ 01:04 PM CDT

Just a bump to remind in case anyone is interested.

I've got a tune in the works, so even if I have to take the Woodstock stage by myself it's happening.
Daugrin
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, July 31 2019 @ 04:54 PM CDT

Ah, the event has been cancelled friends. Perhaps organizing a substitute celebration with a more MJ theme might be appropriate?
The original deal was to feature Milly playing Hanna in a sea of irresponsibility, how compelling was that ever gonna be anyway? I know you Kats can do better.

Daug
bronco
Forum Full Member

Sunday, August 11 2019 @ 12:09 PM CDT

Quote by: Daugrin
Ah, the event has been cancelled friends. Perhaps organizing a substitute celebration with a more MJ theme might be appropriate?
The original deal was to feature Milly playing Hanna in a sea of irresponsibility, how compelling was that ever gonna be anyway? I know you Kats can do better.

Daug

Hold on just a minute. I need to probe my cereal box for that new decoder ring!

jgurner
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, August 14 2019 @ 08:34 PM CDT

Maybe no one else is going to play along, but that's stopping me.

Woodstock50 is here!

And here is my contribution - Mr. Moon