Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
kingbee
Forum Full Member

computer crash
Sunday, July 21 2019 @ 03:50 AM CDT

Hi
My macbook pro runnin El Capitan) crashes at the strangest moments and I can't work out what is causing it
These are the first few lines of the crash report
Our local repair guy doesnt know what it is and a google search doesn't throw anything understandable up
Anyone got any ideas?
and please 'imagine' that I'm really stupid and dont know anything about code and computer crashes :-)
Ta

*** Panic Report ***
panic(cpu 1 caller 0xffffff801fd20c2e): "a freed zone element has been modified in zone kalloc.32: expected 0xffffff802b5dbdc0 but found 0xffffff80e00002e7, bits changed 0xcb5dbf27, at offset 0 of 32 in element 0xffffff802b5dbf40, cookies 0x3f00113f964ae4fe 0x53521c4d286d6c7"@/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/xnu/xnu-3248.73.11/osfmk/kern/zalloc.c:503
Backtrace (CPU 1), Frame : Return Address
Skean
Forum Full Member

Re:computer crash
Sunday, July 21 2019 @ 04:58 AM CDT

Here you have some interesting links I had tested if I got that problem.
https://www.lifewire.com/use-apple-hardware-test-over-internet-to-diagnose-problems-2259973

When and How to Reset Mac SMC (System Management Controller)
http://osxdaily.com/2010/03/24/when-and-how-to-reset-your-mac-system-management-controller-smc/

What is a Kernel Panic on Mac and How to Fix it?
https://macpaw.com/how-to/fix-kernel-panic-on-macos

I don't know if this come to solver your problem, but it's worth a try, cheers.

I Almost Always Try to Think Positive Thoughts.
kingbee
Forum Full Member

Sunday, July 21 2019 @ 12:05 PM CDT

Hopefully no harm in trying. Thanks for suggestions I'll get on it when I feel strong and brainy ;-)
Cheers
grah3am
Forum Regular Poster

Monday, July 22 2019 @ 12:29 PM CDT

Random, nonsensical crashes are often a sign of motherboard failure, so back everything up pronto. If you're lucky, it's software based - running the Disk Doctor will help with that. Somewhat less lucky is RAM failure - try taking modules out one at a time and see if that cures it. Then at least you know what the root problem is, and it's cheaper than replacing the main circuit board.

Hope these ideas help.

"You read him his rights while I shave his legs."

kingbee
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, July 23 2019 @ 05:43 AM CDT

i singles out all the inputs into the computer. printer/ mouse /external hard drive and found out the problem is the USN going to the Edirol UA 25audio interface. I think the UA-25 driver is causing some conflict with el capitan and making it crash
Roland in their wonderful wisodom haven't updated the drivers for el capitam and beyond.
A few forums have suggested routes around this but I need to get my thinking head on
Or get a more 'up to date' audio /midi interface that has current drivers
Thanks for help and suggestions and open to any more
Thanks